Timing on a Jan 2017 EV lease

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asimba2

I am coming up on the end of my 3 year Leaf lease (mid-Jan 2017) and I am interested in leasing another EV. I'm open to any EV as long as it isn't any smaller than the Leaf. I'm looking for a great deal and I have another car to drive if I need to wait for a deal. When is it likely that a 40kW Leaf or the Chevy Bolt availability will result in <$180/mo leases on current 30kW SV Leafs? My line of thinking is no one will want a 108 mile Leaf when other higher range options are available, and thus reduced lease rates should follow.

asimba2 said:
I am coming up on the end of my 3 year Leaf lease (mid-Jan 2017) and I am interested in leasing another EV. I'm open to any EV as long as it isn't any smaller than the Leaf. I'm looking for a great deal and I have another car to drive if I need to wait for a deal. When is it likely that a 40kW Leaf or the Chevy Bolt availability will result in <$180/mo leases on current 30kW SV Leafs? My line of thinking is no one will want a 108 mile Leaf when other higher range options are available, and thus reduced lease rates should follow.

Check Dublin Nissan if you want a 30kWh. I believe they already are below your desired price.

EVforRobert said:
Check Dublin Nissan if you want a 30kWh. I believe they already are below your desired price.

I poked around and it seems like people are still paying close to $300/mo for 30kW Leafs. Has anyone gotten a low downpayment lease on a 30kW for <$200/month?

I starting negotiating on a 2016 Leaf SV without Premium, 12,000 miles/3 years. Dealer offered $1,000 down, $230/month including sales tax. Not bad as a starting point. I think I'll go for it if I can get the total with tax down to $200/mo without changing the downpayment. What do you guys think?

asimba2 said:
I starting negotiating on a 2016 Leaf SV without Premium, 12,000 miles/3 years. Dealer offered $1,000 down, $230/month including sales tax. What do you guys think?

No one can comment on whether or not this deal is worth it, considering the Ioniq/higher range eGolf and Bolt are all coming down the pipeline?

Back