Buying used : 2014 SV or 2015 S (both similarly equipped and mileage)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelb

Hi, I'm looking at buying a used Leaf and have come upon a 2014 SV and a 2015 S. Both are around the same price, have similar mileage and similar equipment (cloth, 6.6kw charger, backup camera, etc) and the 2014 looks to have a bit more warranty left (I guess the 2015 was bought as soon as they were available while the 2014 was sold new as older stock after the 2015s were already available). The SV does have the larger screen and Nav and alloys while the S only has the small screen and steel rims. The Nav is nice to have but I probably would never use it (we already have built-in Nav in our other car and we pretty much never use it because it's terrible compared to our Android / iPhone). Both are at full bars and both have 24kwh battery.

Any reason to go with one or the other?

Let me know. Thanks,
Mike

(You should update your location in your profile.)

If you are in a cold-weather climate, the SV will have the hybrid heater which will give you better range in the winter months.

Just because both have "full bars" doesn't mean much. You really want an ODB-II reader and Leaf Spy check out both battery packs.

There are numerous threads here about buying used LEAFs. Think this article is useful (if you haven't already seen it): http://insideevs.com/used-nissan-leaf-buying-guide/

That's perfect! I completely forgot about the heater difference (I live in Canada so will use the car a good 4-5 months per year in below freezing temperature and may on occasion have to use it in -25F or below).

Thanks for the buying guide link. I'll have a look at that (actually I already read though that one but have read so much in the past few days that I'm losing bits!) and search for the others.

Mike

Back