Ready to buy a 2014 SV, should I?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schleppy

I found a 2014 Leaf SV with all of the options I want (quick charge, LED lights, around view), and the color I want (inside and out), and 32k miles on the clock. I'm hoping to get it for $11k out the door (that includes 6.25% sales tax, plate fees, etc). The car has been dealer serviced its whole life, and came from Ohio, so it shouldn't have any heat related battery issues. The GOM had an indicated 84 miles when I first got in, and all 12 bars were there. If the dealer wants to play ball, I will go back and run Leaf Spy to check the AH and SOH numbers on the pack.

I drove the car today and it's absolutely immaculate, and has brand new tires. It drove perfectly too. And the car will work fine for my commute, so that isn't a worry. The one thing that keeps nagging me is that the 2015 models have the better battery chemistry.

Should I do it? I don't need another car until August, but this seems like a damn good deal. Is the newer chemistry worth it?

Thanks all!

Sounds like you have done your homework.
I think it is a good deal: less than I paid for my 2014 S, and I love the car. Used Leafs are pretty thin on the ground here, so I thought myself luck to have found one for $11,250.
My GOM also read 84 miles at full charge at first, but has since gone up to about 93 when fully charged. I have actually gone 93 miles on a single charge, and the SOC display read 6% charge remaining.

I bought mine in October, and we had a warm month. Now that it is cold, My GOM at full charge usually reads in the mid 70's with heater on and in Eco' mode. No big deal: I just plug it in more often: still easily meets 99% of my transportation needs.

Back