Negotiating Room on 2017 LEAF with Group Buy?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowryd76

Has anyone been able to negotiate the price of a new LEAF prior to having a group buy discount applied?

VW is buying back my diesel in early March. I always said my next car would be electric. When I heard prices for used LEAFs were pretty good, I started checking them out. In my area, I'm seeing clean, 12 bar 2013 and 2014 SLs for $11-13k.

In researching further, I discovered that Austin extended a group buy on new 2017 LEAFs. With $10k of MSRP plus the $7,500 federal tax credit, that would bring the cost of a brand new Premium Package SL to around $22k.

Without a group buy discount, I'd imagine you could negotiate at least $2k off the base price of a new LEAF. When we tried to do so in addition to the group buy discount, the dealer only came down $600 before showing us the door.

Am I crazy to think that there should be additional negotiating room in addition to a group buy? Separately, am I just wasting my time looking at 2017 LEAFs when a 2013 or 2014 would fully meet my needs for $10k less?

Better deals can be had on new remaining 2016's which are identical. I would rather get a new 30kw Leaf than a used 24kw with some range degradation. Plus you get a much better degradation warranty. I also suggest leasing as you'll most likely get a deal on the residual prior to turn in.

I am negotiating a 2016 currently. On top of the NIssan Rebates and cash offers, how much discount should I be requesting from the dealer? From photos for each car listed, it is very apparent that the cars have been in their possession for some time, as the photos show green trees in the background of the majority of the pictures.

Back