12 Bar 2015 or 8 Bar 2012

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RamblinWreck

I need some advice from some of you seasoned veterans here. There a quite a few used Nissan leafs for sale around me and I'm trying to narrow them down to the ones that are worth considering. I have it down to the following 2 cars:

- 2015 S, 12 bars, QC port, 12,000 miles, $8,000 (no haggle price)
- 2012 SL 8 bars, QC port, 40,000 miles, $8,000 (probably can haggle down since it has limited range now)

Assuming that the 8 bar VIN checks out that I can get a new battery in that one, which one would you guys go for? Are there some features in the 2015 that I would be missing out on in the 2012 that are pretty important?

The 2015 might have a heat pump (SV & SL). The 2012 does not. Depending where you leave this might have a big range impact in cold weather.

Yeah, I probably should have that on my profile. I'm in the Dallas, TX area, so... yeah, cold weather is not a problem :D On most cold weather days, the seat heaters and steering wheel should be more than enough for me.

IF you are confident that you can get a new battery,
haggle the price down and
Profit!

Higher trim
New battery
Cheaper

Back