Common Question: 2013 S Lease expiring, appreciate best option opinions

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egizzi

2013 S with quick charging and rear view camera options

25k miles, mostly trickle charging, 12 bars, range display fully charged typically says 78-80

$174 a month (paid $2500 down)

I have a regular commute of 25 miles round trip

One dent on the driver side wheel well area, some nicks and scratches, otherwise all good

Lease is up 4/5/17

I have not contacted them to see what the buy-out would be and I don't see that option mentioned in the letter they sent me.

call the dealer you bought it from and give them your VIN. They will come back with a buyout discount and they might take some off for themselves. So the discount might be $8000 but they will tell you it's $5000. Like my dealer did. I called around and the dealers all gave me different answers from "no buyout or end of lease discount" to "$8000 off if you let us take $250 from that for ourselves". I took the latter.

here is the thread were I shared my experience... http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=16629&start=810

Look around for the asking prices of similar cars in your area... that is if you want to keep it. I assume you do. If you are looking for ideas... I'd get the best deal on a 2016 SL, if there are any left and by the end of a 3 yr lease they might give you another discount. I don't know.. because the range of 30 miles is all I need for my daily commute.

You haven't mentioned how many capacity bars remain on the dash gauge. Check the build date on the driver's door sill as well. I wouldn't want to keep a Pre-April 2013 Leaf.

Put 12 bars in the original post.
Manufactured 3/13
Because it is pre 4/13, I guess that means I should not buy it. But I could continue to lease it.
Appreciate the input!

Sorry, I don't know how I missed that. If you haven't lost a bar yet, then you must live in a very cool climate. I'd run LeafSpy to find out how fast your pack is degrading. If you still have much more range than you need, it might be worth buying it.

Back