$1000 off for early Leaf "adapters"?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viktor

I hope some of the first Leaf buyers are still here. I remember getting a voucher for a $1000 off towards future Nissan cars purchases. I believe it was emailed to the owners of 2011 and 2012 Leafs. Its somewhere in my emails but I just can't find it. Or maybe it was in the mail. Remember people discussing it here on the forum - how neither dealer nor Nissan can find those, unless you bring it to them. Tried searching the forum - but to no avail. Tried calling Nissan - they of course dont know what am I talking about.
Well, I am trying to get a Leaf for my teanager son - even made a bet with the dealer - if I can find it - he will match that $1000 :shock:

Help anyone? What was the name of that email or maybe post the voucher?

Supposedly the $1,000 offer expired on 1/2/2015 but it was replaced with the early adopter VPP Program - VPP Code VPP008257

Details in this thread: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21999&p=461617&hilit=vpp+email#p461617

Let me know if it works!

J.

Thanx a lot - sent it to the dealer. But I think the offer I am talking about didn't have any expiration date - might be wrong.

Is there any way to look that offer up somewhere? Thats the response from the dealer's sale manager - "My Nissan Representative sent me a text saying that the Leaf VPP incentive is not combinable with the current Leaf Offers".

I just called their VPP program - 800-299-4753. According to the lady that particular code had expired back in 2010??!!
She suggested I email them to see if anything else is available - I guess I would try, but it just doesnt look promissing at all(

Viktor said:
I hope some of the first Leaf buyers are still here. I remember getting a voucher for a $1000 off towards future Nissan cars purchases. I believe it was emailed to the owners of 2011 and 2012 Leafs. Its somewhere in my emails but I just can't find it. Or maybe it was in the mail. Remember people discussing it here on the forum - how neither dealer nor Nissan can find those, unless you bring it to them. Tried searching the forum - but to no avail. Tried calling Nissan - they of course dont know what am I talking about.
Well, I am trying to get a Leaf for my teanager son - even made a bet with the dealer - if I can find it - he will match that $1000 :shock:

Help anyone? What was the name of that email or maybe post the voucher?

its is a loyalty credit which I received on Nov 11, 2016 when I leased my LEAF

Viktor said:
She suggested I email them to see if anything else is available - I guess I would try, but it just doesnt look promising at all.
So, why are you not eligible for the loyalty reward that the rest of us are getting for a second purchase?

We might be talking about different rewards here. I had emailed Nissan - see what they have to say. I was also looking through that forum - for some reason Search just doesnt work well enough. Found that post - http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=11861. I must have received that card by mail - not via email. It didnt have expiration date and was in addition to any other offers. Now, they do run crazy promotion in CO now where they would give U a "fleet discount" of 10k off if U R an Xcell energy customer. They wouldnt combine it with any other offer so - at least thats my understanding for now.

Dooglas said:
Viktor said:
She suggested I email them to see if anything else is available - I guess I would try, but it just doesnt look promising at all.
So, why are you not eligible for the loyalty reward that the rest of us are getting for a second purchase?

there is a time limit for that discount. needs to be exercised within 90 days I believe. IOW; you get LEAF, turn it in and then get another LEAF a year later; no discount

Finally found that thread - http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11759
It does look like there was an expiration date on that offer - Dec of 2014. It would make sense that Nissan replace that offer with the new one - simply extending deadline.
Anyone has an idea how to verify what I was told over the phone? Is there a website that would specify Nissans offers by the specific offer number?

I get those offers in the mail from my local Nissan dealer all the time.. They are worthless, they are just trying to get you to walk through the door... It might end up that they just take off $1000 off sticker price...

You are wrong - that specific one was different - it was "on top" of any other offer. After you negotiated the price the best you can - you show that offer - and get an extra grand - thats how a lot of guys did it in the past.
But it is most likely gone now.

Back