Good dealer(ship) in Bay Area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nenik

My loved trustworthy 2011 Ocean Blue SL with 22k miles got rear ended this week and declared total loss by the insurance.
I already miss it badly (can't deal with that rental ICE the insurance pays for) and am looking for a replacement.

Could anyone here suggest good dealership / person to work with in the Bay Area? I am torn between buying used and leasing new, since the recent leasing stories (total payments + residual for 2016-2017) posted here look not much more expensive than what a good used 2014+ would cost here.

FWIW, I go out of my way to avoid Premier Nissan for sales. See http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=236138#p236138 as to why. When I leased my '13 SV w/both packages, I went to Boardwalk in Redwood City even though they were WAY far away and Premier was MUCH closer. Boardwalk was fine, but my saleswoman is no longer in the car sales biz, AFAIK.

The main reasons for Boardwalk for me were at the time, they had a decent presence here on MNL back then. Also, one of their reps + my saleswoman actually showed up to http://sfbayleafs.org/ meeting I was at. The deal was pretty good for its time. Someone here on MNL at the time was connecting some folks w/Premier and when I gave him my numbers, he said Premier wouldn't be able to do any better. And, see above about me wanting to avoid Premier for sales. I didn't see why I should reward them my business given mine bad experience + that of two others of people I personally know.

Also, my saleswoman contacted a (now former) Nissan corporate employee who did show up to the above meetings sometimes to get a VPP (https://www.insidenissan.com/) code. That employee pulled in a favor and saved me some $ on a lease, due to VPP. My employer isn't a business partner w/Nissan so I wouldn't have been able to use that to get VPP myself.

nenik said:
I am torn between buying used and leasing new, since the recent leasing stories (total payments + residual for 2016-2017) posted here look not much more expensive than what a good used 2014+ would cost here.
I'd advise you to be one step beyond torn. Go out there and see what the best deal you can negotiate on a lease looks like. I recently got such an attractive proposal on a new 2016 S30 that I really could not turn it down.

We had a great experience with Autocom Nissan East Bay in San Leandro. We worked with Sami and he was very thorough in explaining the vehicle to us and didn't pressure us to make a decision on the spot. I later emailed him another dealer's offer (from Premiere) and he was able to match it. We had some issues with the VPP code, but he went above and beyond to get it to work for us. Pleasant overall experience and got a great lease deal.

I been in the bay area since the leaf program started my name is Leo Stefani. If you work for any of the big tech companies you will see my name out there. I work for Nissan Sacramento now 925-826-8688 call me if you want to see your options on a new one.

Leo

Greetings, i'm available to offer and help anyone interested in a leaf. Please feel free to contact me at 669-252-6789 - Kelvin (Located @ Dublin Nissan) Have a wonderful day :)

Back