evme
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:30 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

not many used Leafs for sale locally (Tucson, AZ)

Mon May 22, 2017 3:19 pm

I live in Tucson, AZ. I don't see any used Leafs available locally on Craigslist or Autotrader, and only a few in Phoenix. What's my best option to purchase a used 04/13+ Leaf from a cooler climate? I see Carmax has a transfer option available on most listings, but cars from the NW have a $500+ transfer fee that is non-refundable. Anyone with experience with this please chime in. I am ready to buy a Leaf if I can get one for a decent price without having to travel (I prefer not even to go up to Phoenix if possible)

Amped
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:46 pm
Delivery Date: 15 Nov 2012
Leaf Number: 018515
Location: MA

Re: not many used Leafs for sale locally (Tucson, AZ)

Mon May 22, 2017 4:42 pm

evme wrote:I live in Tucson, AZ. I don't see any used Leafs available locally on Craigslist or Autotrader, and only a few in Phoenix. What's my best option to purchase a used 04/13+ Leaf from a cooler climate? I see Carmax has a transfer option available on most listings, but cars from the NW have a $500+ transfer fee that is non-refundable. Anyone with experience with this please chime in. I am ready to buy a Leaf if I can get one for a decent price without having to travel (I prefer not even to go up to Phoenix if possible)



There are no longer any used leafs for sale in my area either. This might be why:

https://cleantechnica.com/2017/04/24/us ... -gas-cars/
2012 SL. Clippercreek CS40-SG2.

LeftieBiker
Posts: 6794
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: not many used Leafs for sale locally (Tucson, AZ)

Mon May 22, 2017 6:47 pm

I wonder if this will affect the buyout discounts from NMAC...
2013 "Brilliant Silver" SV with Premium Package and no QC, and 2009 Vectrix VX-1 with 18 Leaf cells.

The most offensive, tasteless phrase in use here is "Pulled the trigger." I no longer respond to posts that use it.

SageBrush
Posts: 1107
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:28 am
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017
Location: Colorado

Re: not many used Leafs for sale locally (Tucson, AZ)

Mon May 22, 2017 7:45 pm

Amped wrote:
evme wrote:I live in Tucson, AZ. I don't see any used Leafs available locally on Craigslist or Autotrader, and only a few in Phoenix. What's my best option to purchase a used 04/13+ Leaf from a cooler climate? I see Carmax has a transfer option available on most listings, but cars from the NW have a $500+ transfer fee that is non-refundable. Anyone with experience with this please chime in. I am ready to buy a Leaf if I can get one for a decent price without having to travel (I prefer not even to go up to Phoenix if possible)



There are no longer any used leafs for sale in my area either. This might be why:

https://cleantechnica.com/2017/04/24/us ... -gas-cars/
This is the power of the internet.

One lousy blog from Detroit takes on a life of its own.
2013 Model 'S' with QC & rear-view camera
Bought off-lease Jan 2017 from N. California with 63.9 Ahr after 22k miles
Car is now enjoying an easy life in Colorado

silverone
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:29 pm
Delivery Date: 03 Jan 2017
Location: Eastern OH

Re: not many used Leafs for sale locally (Tucson, AZ)

Tue May 23, 2017 3:11 pm

Whether nationwide increased pricing is true or not, everything available within 100 miles of me seems to have increased about $2,000 in asking price.

I felt like I was catching a falling knife when purchasing back in January, but couldn't see how a relatively new car with non-degraded battery could be at giveaway pricing. If the post is true, it looks like Mr. Market has caught up for a while.
2013 SL with Premium package - build date 5/13. 12 bar car with 43,000 miles and counting... Don't expect the first bar to last to 50,000 miles!

2014 Volt - 46,000+ miles

evme
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:30 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: not many used Leafs for sale locally (Tucson, AZ)

Wed May 24, 2017 10:07 pm

silverone wrote:Whether nationwide increased pricing is true or not, everything available within 100 miles of me seems to have increased about $2,000 in asking price.

I felt like I was catching a falling knife when purchasing back in January, but couldn't see how a relatively new car with non-degraded battery could be at giveaway pricing. If the post is true, it looks like Mr. Market has caught up for a while.


Sounds like you bought at just the right time!

Return to “Buying / Leasing / Dealerships”