NMAC miserable robot sons of bitches !

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blimpy

May 5.. I forgot to xfer cash to my checking account auto payment of my lease doesn't go through despite auto transfer by my
credit union to prevent this.

may 12 Nissan writes me a letter by snail mail to tell me this

may 20 I get the letter

may 22 I pay the money by snail mail

then begins the robot calls that hang up.. over and over.. eventually I catch one.. no voice.. I push one. .and it give me
a message saying I owe them money.

Then begins the calls to NMAC.. I get india, I get mexico... they say " You can" do this or do that.
I try everything.

NMAC website doesn't recongnize my password.. I change that..
half hour later I get into the website..

It tells me I owe the money.. it says I can schedule a one time payment... despite having sent the check
I deicde to pay electronically.. so they stop CALLING ME !

I can see now that they are fucking with my credit rating.

I try to electronically pay.. the robot will not accept the payment.. after I enter a zillion number routing ( twice) and all that.

try to call again.. closed till Tuesday.. says the nasty little man in india..

well FU2 little man in india.

only cure for this is just pay off the car in cash.. but can they get that right ? :roll:

blimpy said:
May 5.. I forgot to xfer cash to my checking account auto payment of my lease doesn't go through despite auto transfer by my
credit union to prevent this.

may 12 Nissan writes me a letter by snail mail to tell me this

may 20 I get the letter

may 22 I pay the money by snail mail

then begins the robot calls that hang up.. over and over.. eventually I catch one.. no voice.. I push one. .and it give me
a message saying I owe them money.

Then begins the calls to NMAC.. I get india, I get mexico... they say " You can" do this or do that.
I try everything.

NMAC website doesn't recongnize my password.. I change that..
half hour later I get into the website..

It tells me I owe the money.. it says I can schedule a one time payment... despite having sent the check
I deicde to pay electronically.. so they stop CALLING ME !

I can see now that they are fucking with my credit rating.

I try to electronically pay.. the robot will not accept the payment.. after I enter a zillion number routing ( twice) and all that.

try to call again.. closed till Tuesday.. says the nasty little man in india..

well FU2 little man in india.

only cure for this is just pay off the car in cash.. but can they get that right ? :roll:

Yikes! that would really tick me off to get that needless sort of hassle.

Funny thing I was just reading about another bad PCP lease experience (not from a Nissan lease) A guy came to his lease end only to have someone scratch & dent the car in a car park.

He told his insurers & they sent the car to one of their approved repair shops to get the work done, only for the lease company to reject the work when taken back to the lease company. the repair garage sent someone out to inspect the car & they said the repair work is good, the lease people say No!

They've now given him a huge bill for a full car respray. :eek: Scary stuff.

They got pissy with me once. Our state changed some kind of tax law which affected my monthly payment by some cents per month. I was on auto-pay and would see the payment processed each month, so all good, right? Then one day they call me at work about how they were dunning me, and start reading me the Riot Act about why wasn't I checking my statements? Well hell that's why I chose auto-pay. What is the problem? As it turned out their auto-pay was for a specific amount only. And so they were being this nasty over a few dollars of accumulated under-payments that were to my mind their own damned stupid fault. As in your case the caller was from India and apparently trained to start with nasty and ramp it up from there, when the whole thing could have been cleared up amicably with just a polite conversation.

Nubo said:
They got pissy with me once. Our state changed some kind of tax law which affected my monthly payment by some cents per month. I was on auto-pay and would see the payment processed each month, so all good, right? Then one day they call me at work about how they were dunning me, and start reading me the Riot Act about why wasn't I checking my statements? Well hell that's why I chose auto-pay. What is the problem? As it turned out their auto-pay was for a specific amount only. And so they were being this nasty over a few dollars of accumulated under-payments that were to my mind their own damned stupid fault. As in your case the caller was from India and apparently trained to start with nasty and ramp it up from there, when the whole thing could have been cleared up amicably with just a polite conversation.
FYI, auto-payment does not discharge your legal liability to pay your bills in full. Moreover, no billing agency has the right to change the auto-payment amount without your explicit consent. That is a strong consumer protection you should be glad for.

So you may not like it, but get in the habit of looking at your statements to verify that all is at it should be.

SageBrush said:
FYI, auto-payment does not discharge your legal liability to pay your bills in full. Moreover, no billing agency has the right to change the auto-payment amount without your explicit consent.
That doesn't prevent NMAC from seeing that the customer is using autopay, but the amount changed, and explaining the situation instead of being confrontational.

garsh said:
SageBrush said:
FYI, auto-payment does not discharge your legal liability to pay your bills in full. Moreover, no billing agency has the right to change the auto-payment amount without your explicit consent.
That doesn't prevent NMAC from seeing that the customer is using autopay, but the amount changed, and explaining the situation instead of being confrontational.
Nissan does not segregate Auto-pays into a separate 'kids gloves' department. They also don't change their approach based on the debt amount -- that would be a setup for discrimination lawsuits. He fell behind in payments, and Nissan called to demand money owed. Simple as that.

I'm not saying they should be nasty or confrontational, but OP should realize that he has an obligation to pay his bills in full and that means paying a little bit of attention. Few customers realize that Auto-pay is a customer convenience and the company pulling the funds takes no responsibility to get it right, or even do it at all. Read the contract if you do not believe me.

So you see, OP has even less room to be pissy here than Nissan.

SageBrush said:
garsh said:
SageBrush said:
Few customers realize that Auto-pay is a customer convenience...

While convenient for some customers, that is not likely to be the reason AutoPay is offered by companies. Companies usually offer customer conveniences as a marketing device to sway a decision to purchase. AutoPay is frequently not even mentioned until that decision has been made and the customer is well into or after purchasing.

AutoPay is, to me, a legal way to take the customer out of the recurring payment process; payments are automatically, consistently, and timely sucked out of a customer's deposit account without customer intervention. This benefits the customer as a convenience certainly, but really benefits the company for dependable income flows. Can be a win-win for sure, but it seems to me that the "win" is weighted more towards the company.

I personally have several "AutoPay-with-a-twist" accounts, mostly utility, insurance, and banking. I've permitted no biller direct access to my deposit accounts and choose instead to have my bank initiate payments in response to bills (not just demands for payment) received by them electronically. In this fashion, my bills are paid on time, no external entity can draw against my accounts, and since payments are made based on bills received, payment amounts are always correct. The issue here is that the biller must present a bill for payment, which most utility and many banks now have the ability and willingness to do. If they don't I go back to the old manual-payment-in-response-to-an-invoice, and even that is mostly accomplished online. That's what seems to work best in my case, YMMV.

SalisburySam said:

While convenient for some customers, that is not likely to be the reason AutoPay is offered by companies. Companies usually offer customer conveniences as a marketing device to sway a decision to purchase. AutoPay is frequently not even mentioned until that decision has been made and the customer is well into or after purchasing.

AutoPay is, to me, a legal way to take the customer out of the recurring payment process; payments are automatically, consistently, and timely sucked out of a customer's deposit account without customer intervention. This benefits the customer as a convenience certainly, but really benefits the company for dependable income flows. Can be a win-win for sure, but it seems to me that the "win" is weighted more towards the company.

I personally have several "AutoPay-with-a-twist" accounts, mostly utility, insurance, and banking. I've permitted no biller direct access to my deposit accounts and choose instead to have my bank initiate payments in response to bills (not just demands for payment) received by them electronically. In this fashion, my bills are paid on time, no external entity can draw against my accounts, and since payments are made based on bills received, payment amounts are always correct. The issue here is that the biller must present a bill for payment, which most utility and many banks now have the ability and willingness to do. If they don't I go back to the old manual-payment-in-response-to-an-invoice, and even that is mostly accomplished online. That's what seems to work best in my case, YMMV.

Well said.
The company has their own motivations to offer auto-pay to be sure, and for the most part they are as you say. My point is that customers choose to sign-up for the convenience and are mistaken when they think legal liability to pay the bills is transferred to the company.

SageBrush said:
FYI, auto-payment does not discharge your legal liability to pay your bills in full.
"FYI", no need to be condescending.
Moreover, no billing agency has the right to change the auto-payment amount without your explicit consent. That is a strong consumer protection you should be glad for.
I have several other auto-payments and they are all for bills that vary from month to month.
So you may not like it, but get in the habit of looking at your statements to verify that all is at it should be.
I don't disagree, but in your rush to criticize you seem to have missed my main point that this minor discrepency could have been resolved without nastiness.

SalisburySam said:

Exactly so. They benefit considerably by reducing the float.

Back