Here's the quote to save people time.
Here is the pertinent process (from the Nissan document) you can go through to check on your modem to see if it is 2G or 3G.
NOTE: Vehicles without Navigation are ineligible as they are not equipped with TCUs.
Verify applicability using one of the following methods:
1. Check vehicle service history for previous repair (PC449 or PC450).
2. Check the TCU ID number on the vehicle information screen. If the TCU ID begins
with something other than 2012, it is a 3G TCU and does not require an update.
To identify if the vehicle has a 2G or a 3G TCU, complete the following steps on the
3. Press the hard button labeled Menu.
4. Press the "CARWINGS" soft button on the center display screen.
5. Press the "CARWINGS Settings" soft button on the center display screen.
6. Select the down arrow on the center display screen.
7. Press "Unit ID information" soft button on the center display screen.
8. If TCUID starts with "2012-1" it is a 3G device.
9. If TCUID starts with "2012-0" it is a 2G device.
NOTE: As indicated above, TCU IDs that begin with something other than 2012 are 3G
TCUs and do not require an update.
2015 SV, Cayenne, Battey info pending Leaf Spy setup.