leaftryer
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:22 pm
Location: Sacramento

2017 SL Lease In California?

Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:26 pm

I'm not really that interested in black leather seats, but I don't want a car where I need to turn the lights on and off manually after being used to automatic headlights for many years. At this point, I think even Corollas have automatic headlights. The base model Ionic Blue also has auto headlights and several other features that are only available on high trim Leafs.

For $0 down and 10K or 12K miles per year for 24 months, what would an excellent, but attainable monthly payment be?

Should lease deals for 2017s get better when the 2018 models start showing up on lots later this year?

lkkms2
Gold Member
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:10 am
Delivery Date: 30 Dec 2016
Leaf Number: 302025
Location: San Diego/National City, CA

Re: 2017 SL Lease In California?

Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:21 pm

I had a 2011 SL, but recently upgraded to a 2017, but SV not SL. The SL had leather type seats, which I was not interested in.

But ended up with black cloth interior which I didn't want at first, but am happy with now. Also, got the surround cameras and Bose sound system. Happy with both. The only real Loss that I did not like was the rear view mirror with automatic dimming at night and the built in garage "homelink" feature, but I can live without.

I think you may find better deals with the SVs than the SLs.

P.s. Pls indicate your location
2011 Leaf SL purchased 6-22-2011, sold 1-18-2017 with new battery.
2017 Leaf SV with Premium Package purchased 12-30-2016

leaftryer
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:22 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: 2017 SL Lease In California?

Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:09 pm

I will be shopping in the Sacramento and Bay Area areas.
I think I only want an SL if doing a lease on a new Leaf.
If I was going to buy used, I could consider an SV for the right price since some years of the SV have a package that includes automatic headlamps, but used Leafs I see listed online seem to be 90% S models and I would have to settle for 80 mile or less range in any trim level if I buy a 2015 or older.

drhlee1
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 12:08 pm
Delivery Date: 07 May 2016
Leaf Number: 305595
Location: Santa Cruz, CA

Re: 2017 SL Lease In California?

Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:40 am

When I was shopping for a Leaf at the end of May. I was offered $270 for a SL with no money down. We did not bargain for the SL since its a bit high and its closer to a price for a Bolt. Price for a base model Bolt at the end of May was around $340 per month with $0 down and 10,000 miles per year. We end up going with an SV which I was able to bargain down to $205 a month with $0 downpayment.
2017 Leaf SV Glacier White, leased on May 2017
2016 Leaf SV Gunmetal Grey, leased on May 2016
2013 Leaf S + quick charge package, leased on Feb 2014, returned Feb 2017

cedman77
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:57 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Jul 2017

Re: 2017 SL Lease In California?

Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:05 pm

Just received a quote for 2017 S with Quick Charge, splash guards, floormats, cargo area mat and cargo cover. The dealer in Orange County wanted $5500 down. $2500 I would receive back from CA rebate. Out of pocket $3000.

36 Months
12k miles = $102
15k miles = $112
20k miles = $159

Tax is included.

We do need 20k miles since my wife's commute is about 75 miles per day.

My total payments including tax for 20k miles is $5724.

Add my down payment minus CA $2500 rebate = Total is $8724.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

drhlee1
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 12:08 pm
Delivery Date: 07 May 2016
Leaf Number: 305595
Location: Santa Cruz, CA

Re: 2017 SL Lease In California?

Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:51 pm

cedman77 wrote:Just received a quote for 2017 S with Quick Charge, splash guards, floormats, cargo area mat and cargo cover. The dealer in Orange County wanted $5500 down. $2500 I would receive back from CA rebate. Out of pocket $3000.

36 Months
12k miles = $102
15k miles = $112
20k miles = $159

Tax is included.

We do need 20k miles since my wife's commute is about 75 miles per day.

My total payments including tax for 20k miles is $5724.

Add my down payment minus CA $2500 rebate = Total is $8724.

What do you guys think?

Thanks


FYI, CVRP is out of the money for this fiscal year for the standard rebate ($2500). If you qualify for the standing rebate, you will be place on waitlist. If you qualify for the increase rebate ($2500+$2000), CVRP is still accepting application.

The $5500 down payment seems very high, a few Leafers has gotten similar monthly payment you mention for 12K miles with only $2500 down.
2017 Leaf SV Glacier White, leased on May 2017
2016 Leaf SV Gunmetal Grey, leased on May 2016
2013 Leaf S + quick charge package, leased on Feb 2014, returned Feb 2017

cedman77
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:57 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Jul 2017

Re: 2017 SL Lease In California?

Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:37 am

Thank you drhlee7 for the update. Wow, I didn't know CVRP funds have been exhausted for FY 2017. Without the rebate, the financials aren't looking as good as before. My wife and I don't qualify for the increase rebate. Guess at this point we either wait for new funding or take a look at a used Leaf.

With used prices being so low, so we can just buy one and not worry about mileage overages.

Dooglas
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:08 pm
Delivery Date: 04 Jan 2017
Leaf Number: 314779
Location: Oregon City, OR

Re: 2017 SL Lease In California?

Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:46 pm

cedman77 wrote:With used prices being so low, so we can just buy one and not worry about mileage overages.

Excellent point for your personal situation.
2013 Leaf SV - lease ended, 2016 Leaf S30

leaftryer
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:22 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: 2017 SL Lease In California?

Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:14 pm

drhlee1 wrote:When I was shopping for a Leaf at the end of May. I was offered $270 for a SL with no money down. We did not bargain for the SL since its a bit high and its closer to a price for a Bolt. Price for a base model Bolt at the end of May was around $340 per month with $0 down and 10,000 miles per year. We end up going with an SV which I was able to bargain down to $205 a month with $0 downpayment.


$205 per month with zero down for an SV sounds good, but does it have any option packages and how many months of payments?
Maybe I could deal with a 2017 SV if I just leave the lights on day and night as long as the lights turn off automatically after the car it turned off.

Otherwise, I think I will shop for a used 2014-2015 SL or SV with the LED light package, navigation and surround view camera and see if I can get one cheaply enough where the cost of renting a car for road trips four 3-day weekends a year for 3 to 4 years will be worth the $40 a day after taxes for a economy or compact car x 3 days is $120 x 4 times a year is $480 a year times 3 years is $1440. 4 years would be $1920.
So, if I think the car is still worth it after factoring that extra cost as part of its purchase price, I may do that.
After 3 to 4 years, I can upgrade to a lease return 2018 vehicle with at least 200 miles range. With 200 mile range, I won't need to rent a car or deal with the huge hassle of stopping multiple times for charging of the normal road trips I regularly take.

drhlee1
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 12:08 pm
Delivery Date: 07 May 2016
Leaf Number: 305595
Location: Santa Cruz, CA

Re: 2017 SL Lease In California?

Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:28 pm

leaftryer wrote:
drhlee1 wrote:When I was shopping for a Leaf at the end of May. I was offered $270 for a SL with no money down. We did not bargain for the SL since its a bit high and its closer to a price for a Bolt. Price for a base model Bolt at the end of May was around $340 per month with $0 down and 10,000 miles per year. We end up going with an SV which I was able to bargain down to $205 a month with $0 downpayment.


$205 per month with zero down for an SV sounds good, but does it have any option packages and how many months of payments?
Maybe I could deal with a 2017 SV if I just leave the lights on day and night as long as the lights turn off automatically after the car it turned off.

Otherwise, I think I will shop for a used 2014-2015 SL or SV with the LED light package, navigation and surround view camera and see if I can get one cheaply enough where the cost of renting a car for road trips four 3-day weekends a year for 3 to 4 years will be worth the $40 a day after taxes for a economy or compact car x 3 days is $120 x 4 times a year is $480 a year times 3 years is $1440. 4 years would be $1920.
So, if I think the car is still worth it after factoring that extra cost as part of its purchase price, I may do that.
After 3 to 4 years, I can upgrade to a lease return 2018 vehicle with at least 200 miles range. With 200 mile range, I won't need to rent a car or deal with the huge hassle of stopping multiple times for charging of the normal road trips I regularly take.


Its total of 35 payments for $205 a month. After factoring in the CVRP and PGE rebate, the adjusted monthly payment goes down to $120 a month. It does not have premium package. The only option I have is the cargo cover. It does have navigation and Nissan Connect. The car will automatically turn off the headlight after a minute or so after the car has been turn off.

I usually do the weekend rental from Enterprise during the off season, between Sep 9th to Memorial day. Its $10 per day for 100 miles per day, so for a weekend is about $34 with 300 miles milage. If you go over 100 miles, its $20 more, but $54 is still pretty good price for a weekend rental.
2017 Leaf SV Glacier White, leased on May 2017
2016 Leaf SV Gunmetal Grey, leased on May 2016
2013 Leaf S + quick charge package, leased on Feb 2014, returned Feb 2017

Return to “Buying / Leasing / Dealerships”