Opinion on 2015 SV certified Leaf offered at local Nissan dealership

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cardwookie

Was hoping to get some thoughts on a Leaf I'm going to test drive tomorrow. It's a 2015 SV manufactured 6/14 (I'm guessing one of the first 2015 manufactured). It has 36,000 miles off a lease and is a Nissan certified vehicle with new tires. In the picture, it has 78 miles on the range with 12 battery bars showing. The salesman I talked to says it has the 30kWh battery upgrade. Price is 12,500

Couple of questions:

- Should I be worried that it's showing only 78 miles with 11 of the 12 charge bars showing and the salesman saying it has the 30kWh battery?
- How do you tell if it has the bigger battery?
- Did the 2015 have the 3G service and if so what carrier is it through?

Thanks!

No 2015 had a 30 kWh pack, all are 24 kWh.

The GOM isn't a good indicator, but likely the pack is around 80%, so count on 70 miles tops.

You need LeafSpy.

It was only 2G, but was probably upgraded. That can be checked at the dealer.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
It was only 2G, but was probably upgraded. That can be checked at the dealer.

Even if it wasn't, the 2015s get the upgrade for free. It's through AT&T.

There's no such thing as a 30kwh battery on anything except 2016 and later. I second the suggestion to use LEAFSpy to see what the actual battery health is at. I have a 2015 at 27500 miles and am at 94% SOH (but just under 60ah) and I got it as a lease return from Georgia at 22k miles and 95% SOH. I got mine in NE Ohio for 11k before taxes and all that.

Back