I accepted a job offer in Southern California and need advice on what to do with my leased 2015 LEAF currently registered in GA.
- Leased June 2015, 36k miles, 36 months
- ODO 24k
- Residual is $10,240 with current buyout at $12,366.03 good thru mid-Sept
I'm planning on having my car shipped and have ruled out giving up my lease early. My move date is Sept 7, 2017.
1. Register in CA then let the lease run its term - baseline scenario
2. Register in CA then buy - any state tax credits for buying leased vehicles?
3. Buy in GA then register in CA
Advantage #1) Eliminate need for NMAC to send GA title to CA for registration
Advantage #2) Sales tax is lower in GA