2018 Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simply

Lease Details:

Lease Date: 02/07/18
Vehicle: NEW 2018 Nissan Leaf SL
Exterior Color: Blue
Interior Color: Tan

Sticker Base MSRP $38115
Agreed Upon Vehicle Price $35559.00
Capitalized Cost Reduction $7900.00
Adjusted capitalized Cost $30323.06
Residual Value $12196.80

va state sales tax $1,247.56
va title, license, registration $132.50
Acquisition Fee $595.00

Rent Charge $1086
Monthly Payment $533.70

Are you implying that you have taken delivery of a 2018 Leaf with these numbers? Or is this just an offer you have been given?

Also, this post should probably be moved to one of the many existing 2018 Leaf threads.

I suggested a new thread for 2018 LEAF deliveries, of which simply was the first (?) to post, here:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1114&start=880

Simply, you can edit this thread title and add to your post for clarity, if you want to.

Or maybe a moderator can assist?

Read his signature, @getoffyourgas

The residual is really interesting at $12,200. About 60% depreciation after the federal tax credit is accounted for. That actually seems realistic and atypical for Nissan. It does, however, result in ahem high lease costs.
To use @DaveInOly's term, OP is paying ~ $500 + tax a month to rent the car.

SageBrush said:

The residual is really interesting at $12,200. Close to 50% depreciation after the federal tax credit is accounted for.

Payments are 50% of the value of the car. Granted, taxes, etc are part of that but without knowing rent charge, Money Factor, its difficult to quantify the deal.

DaveinOlyWA said:
SageBrush said:

The residual is really interesting at $12,200. Close to 50% depreciation after the federal tax credit is accounted for.

Payments are 50% of the value of the car. Granted, taxes, etc are part of that but without knowing rent charge, Money Factor, its difficult to quantify the deal.

OP gave all the information you need.

SageBrush said:

Yes, I noticed that. But that doesn't mean he actually took delivery of the car. It sure does imply it though.

I'm just a little surprised that Nissan didn't have a little dog-and-pony show for the first US delivery of a 2018 Leaf. This whole roll out feels highly anti-climactic.

And the price is certainly high. You can almost get a Bolt for that, and the Bolt has a much higher MSRP. (Yes, I know the Leaf is preferred to the Bolt by many, but that is not my point).

If I interpret the OP correctly:

simply said:
va state sales tax $1,247.56
va title, license, registration $132.50
Acquisition Fee $595.00

Monthly Payment $533.70

Means that it was $1975.06 out of pocket + $533.70/mo for a total of $21,188.26 for 3 years.

I don't see how the deal would be with zero down payment since depreciation and fees would be $558.37/mo, and that's before any money factor.

GetOffYourGas said:
Are you implying that you have taken delivery of a 2018 Leaf with these numbers? Or is this just an offer you have been given?

Also, this post should probably be moved to one of the many existing 2018 Leaf threads.

I took delivery of the leaf on the date mentioned.

edatoakrun said:
I suggested a new thread for 2018 LEAF deliveries, of which simply was the first (?) to post, here:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1114&start=880

Simply, you can edit this thread title and add to your post for clarity, if you want to.

Or maybe a moderator can assist?
Thanks! going to need a moderator to help edit the title I'm not seeing what I can change it.

DaveinOlyWA said:
zero down payment is nice I guess.

what is the rent charge? Money Factor? Annual Mileage?

Rent Charge $1086
Annual Mileage 15000/year miles
Confirming Money Factor

simply said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
zero down payment is nice I guess.

what is the rent charge? Money Factor? Annual Mileage?

Rent Charge $1086
Annual Mileage 15000/year miles
Confirming Money Factor

ok, didn't see this post. That is a LOT of money on the rent charge. I would be very curious to see how much that would have been reduced with a down payment. Something seems amiss here. If your MF was .00034 there is no way your rent charge would be anywhere near that high?

Playing with a few different lease calculators, it looks like your MF calc is off maybe? Not that straight forward with sales tax, etc. since some states handle that differently but looks like an MF in the .00065 to .00083 range or about 2% interest.

MF = interest/2400

LeftieBiker said:
It's a very low risk lease with no down payment. If I lease one I'll be paying upwards of $350 a month with a substantial down payment.

Agreed. There is always a risk on a large down payment on a very fast depreciating asset but remember the tax credit of $7500 would also go a long way towards mitigating that. Even after 14 payments, I was still able to recover money from my 2016 lease after the insurance settlement on zero down lease that did have $16,000 in incentives.

But its definitely looking like a down payment is going to save a nice bundle of money on the overall TCO Calc

Back