Should I buy this 2013 Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gringostar

Hi,

I'm brand new to this: The car is $8,200 in Orange County, CA.

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/2013-nissan-leaf/6499426967.html

Concerning Spy Leaf. How can I use Spy Leaf if I don't own the car? Should I just ask the seller if he doesn't mind?

What kind of things should I look for and ask?

Thank you!

Yes, just ask if you can do it. It seems unlikely that you will learn anything other than maybe it's closer to 10 bars, but it's better to have more info. Make sure the heat and A/C both work well, and that it's had all recall work done.

I wouldn't be concerned about the recall work. One can get it done for free.

Do look at the build month on the driver's side door sticker. I shudder at their mention "SUPER CHARGING port". :roll: There are 3 plug incompatible DC fast charge standards in the US:
1) Tesla Supercharger (North American plug)
2) CHAdeMO (which they Leaf can be equipped with)
3) SAE Combo aka J1772 CCS aka Combo1 of CCS

No non-Teslas can be plugged into Tesla Superchargers.

One should try to find out where the car resided before (e.g. via Carfax and/or Autocheck) to see whether 11 bars makes sense. For me, Carfax provided more clues/info on the used '13 Leaf I bought in July 2015.

I wouldn't be concerned about the recall work. One can get it done for free.

I hope that the parts delay is truly over, then.

I thought of the build date, too, but with that age and mileage, and one bar lost, it's either a later 2013 'Wolf pack' or it was reset and is midway through the relearning process, which is possible but less likely in a private sale.

^^^
I forgot to mention, build months of 4/2013 thru model year 2014 seem to have better batteries than ones that came before. We don't know exactly when the switch happened and Nissan's never revealed any info on this either.

This appears to be a 2013 S (based upon the radio) with charge package (the bogus statement "SUPER CHARGING port" hopefully means it has a CHAdeMO port).

Just to note, this is true for every EV: "This Leaf can be charged at 110 OR 220"

Back