Tricked into leasing for 4 years instead of 3

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macorama

I had all my paperwork set for 3 years and signed the contract. All good. 3 years and 14K miles per year. What can go wrong with this.

5 minutes later I'm checking the car and going over details with another rep when the agent comes back saying there was a mistake on that contract and I got overcharged for a fee and they need to fix that. He said you are getting back money that the state does not want dealership to keep. While I'm checking out the car, he brings in the contract show the 40 odd bucks credited to me. I quickly check that and sign not suspecting anything go wrong with right ? I come home and weirdly i had both the old and the new contract in the folder. They forgot to take the old one back.

Fast fwd 3 years I get ready to return the car and they tell me it is a 4 year lease! I pull the docs and share my story with NMAC.

the tires will be shot after another year .. and they will make me pay for it.

Complained to the company and they took no complaint or action .. worst leasing experience ever.

Every month I get a lease statement with the maturity/ lease expiration date.

In any case, I would go back to the dealer and speak to the GM. Show him the two copies. Tell him you’ll escalate, publish negative reviews and take it up w corporate. Chances are you’re not the only one they scammed and are aware.

Phatcat73 said:
Every month I get a lease statement with the maturity/ lease expiration date.

In any case, I would go back to the dealer and speak to the GM. Show him the two copies. Tell him you’ll escalate, publish negative reviews and take it up w corporate. Chances are you’re not the only one they scammed and are aware.

Dude, the OP let this go for three years... He has no case... No defense. Learn from your mistakes..

Time to have some fun.

Create a protest sign, “Unethical Contract Tricks! Avoid this Dealership!”

Start your weekly protest on the sidewalk during their busiest weekends.

Good Luck.

P.s. please update your location in your profile.

Back