What Is Nissan/NMAC's "Signature Lease"???

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeftieBiker

Staff member
The NMAC website mentions this lease, and says that it has terms of up to 60 months. That's it, though - no other info. It tells you to "ask your dealer." Well, for some reason I'm reluctant to get my leasing information from a car salescreature, so I'm asking: has anyone yet asked about this lease option, or been offered info? Is this just their regular lease, but with a 60 month option we never hear about? I'm looking for a lease that has a higher residual, and possibly longer terms, due to the likely issues with the 2017 batteries.

You want to be told what someone thinks they remember they were told by a salescritter.
High quality information, that.

And perhaps I am not thinking about leases correctly, but don't you want a HIGH residual lease, meaning low monthly payments ?

Yes, high residual. Corrected. Since there is no info on the NMAC site beyond what I posted, I have no choice but to ask for secondhand info. It looks like your attitude hasn't improved much in the time I've been filtering you. Thanks for pointing out the error.

You are missing the point.
You said you do not want to call a salescritter because you doubt the quality of information. I am pointing out that second-hand salescritter information is going to be worse.

My "attitude" towards your periodic pretense remains. You don't like talking with salescritters and hope someone can save you the aggravation.

In a similar vein, you are a LEAF fan, but it turns out to come with the caveat that you want the tricked out model for half the going rate.

SageBrush said:
You don't like talking with salescritters and hope someone can save you the aggravation.

Me too. I email them. Oh, and not just one. As many as I can. I don't talk until the whole deal is settled.

WetEV said:
SageBrush said:
You don't like talking with salescritters and hope someone can save you the aggravation.

Me too. I email them. Oh, and not just one. As many as I can. I don't talk until the whole deal is settled.
Good approach. I have done the same, and I also keep my time with salescritters to a minimum.

A good second best is to talk with the person who handles fleet sales, since that is usually the same person who handles email and 'internet' sales. Best avoided are the salescritters that prowl the dealership parking lot.

Im thinking the other way around....

Wouldn't it be great to MAKE the salecritter have to explain the lease agreement until YOU understand it.... Or NO DEAL..

That then sounds like you are not the monkey, but you are then in the position of the organ grinder??

Likewise. I'm dealing with one to acquire my next Leaf over email. He seems good, but I'd still like more info from non-sales people if possible before I ask him, for comparison. I'm starting to think that this "Signature" lease is just their normal lease, although I haven't heard of a 5 year term before.

Going back to the OP's question, "Signature Lease" is just a marketing name. It's just a lease, nothing special about it.

RonDawg said:
Going back to the OP's question, "Signature Lease" is just a marketing name. It's just a lease, nothing special about it.
I took out my former '13 Leaf lease paperwork to scan and send to someone at work (who is new to leasing and considering leasing an '18 Leaf). At the very top it does say "SignatureLEASE" with the two words in a different font and no space between them. Mine was just a standard 2 year/24K total miles lease.

https://www.nissanusa.com/finance/car-buying-leasing-options.html refers to Nissan's SignatureLEASE®.

Back