Jerryr
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 8:18 am
Delivery Date: 14 May 2018
Leaf Number: 307113

What discount to expect over MSRP?

Mon May 14, 2018 8:24 am

I have a 2015 SL w/10,000 trouble free miles and looking to trade for a 2018 SL.

What’s discount below MSRP should I expect to be able to negotiate on a 2018 SL?

WetEV
Posts: 2320
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 8:25 am
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014
Location: Near Seattle, WA

Re: What discount to expect over MSRP?

Mon May 14, 2018 11:19 am

Jerryr wrote:I have a 2015 SL w/10,000 trouble free miles and looking to trade for a 2018 SL.

What’s discount below MSRP should I expect to be able to negotiate on a 2018 SL?


Where? Car markets are local, to an extent. If you are in San Jose or Seattle, you can probably get a better price than in Garden City, Kansas.
WetEV
#49
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red

Jerryr
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 8:18 am
Delivery Date: 14 May 2018
Leaf Number: 307113

Re: What discount to expect over MSRP?

Mon May 14, 2018 12:44 pm

WetEV wrote:
Jerryr wrote:I have a 2015 SL w/10,000 trouble free miles and looking to trade for a 2018 SL.

What’s discount below MSRP should I expect to be able to negotiate on a 2018 SL?


Where? Car markets are local, to an extent. If you are in San Jose or Seattle, you can probably get a better price than in Garden City, Kansas.


Tampa Florida area

Jerryr
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 8:18 am
Delivery Date: 14 May 2018
Leaf Number: 307113

Re: What discount to expect over MSRP?

Mon May 14, 2018 12:45 pm

WetEV wrote:
Jerryr wrote:I have a 2015 SL w/10,000 trouble free miles and looking to trade for a 2018 SL.

What’s discount below MSRP should I expect to be able to negotiate on a 2018 SL?


Where? Car markets are local, to an extent. If you are in San Jose or Seattle, you can probably get a better price than in Garden City, Kansas.


Tampa Florida area

Jerryr
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 8:18 am
Delivery Date: 14 May 2018
Leaf Number: 307113

Re: What discount to expect over MSRP?

Tue May 15, 2018 8:18 pm

Made the deal today. Got $4,968 discount off MSRP but dealer fees were $799 so net discount was $4,269.
Only incentive available was $1000 for NMAC financing. Only financed $18000. Will pay this off in about a week as soon as I get a loan number.

Also eligible for Federal Tax credit of $7,500. No other credits available in Florida.

Got $13,000 for trade in of 3 year old 2015 Leaf SL, Premium w/ Bose. That one cost me $20,000 after rebates, incentives an Federal Tax credits.

2018 SV Gray
All Weather pkg ($900)
SV technology Pkg ($2200)
Splash guards ($190)
Carpeted floor mats and cargo mat ($190)

$36,855 MSRP
-4,968 discount
+$799 Dealer fees
+ sales tax
+$200 registration fees

Jerryr
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 8:18 am
Delivery Date: 14 May 2018
Leaf Number: 307113

Re: What discount to expect over MSRP?

Thu May 17, 2018 2:32 pm

Update:

When I made the final deal I didn’t have my trade with me since it wasn’t charged enough to make the round trip to the dealer. After signing all paperwork we took the new Leaf home. The dealer was going to pick up our trade from our house the next day.

When I got home I noticed there wasn’t a charger in the car so o called and they said they have it at the dealership and would bring it when they pick up the trade.

So yesterday they showed up and hand me a brand new looking charger case. I opened it up and there was a dirty used old style L1 trickle charger in the bag NO NO NO I said. Where’s the 120v/240v L1/L2 charger that’s supposed to come with the technology package?

After several phone calls back and forth to sales Managment they said they would get me a brand new proper L1/L2 charger ordered. Today I got a message that it would be 3-4 weeks for the new charger they ordered to arrive.

I have a L2 EVSE installed already in my garage so at least I’m not dead in the water. A L1 would take 30 hours to trickle charge a Dead 40 ah battery that’s in the 2018 Leaf.

I could not believe that they tried to pull off a fast one on me. My wife doesn’t understand why I don’t trust car sales people.

User avatar
jlv
Posts: 862
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:08 pm
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2014
Leaf Number: 424487
Location: Massachusetts

Re: What discount to expect over MSRP?

Fri May 18, 2018 11:37 am

What dealership (stealership)? Did you report them to Nissan?
'13 SL+Prem (mfg 12/13, leased 4/14, bought 5/17) 33K miTesla S 75D (3/17) 27K mi
3 reservation canceled; X on order.

Jerryr
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 8:18 am
Delivery Date: 14 May 2018
Leaf Number: 307113

Re: What discount to expect over MSRP?

Fri May 18, 2018 5:02 pm

jlv wrote:What dealership (stealership)? Did you report them to Nissan?



Nissan of Venice, Florida

Yes, reported to Nissan and they opened a case.

Nissan said the EVSE is serialized and the serial number is listed on the car window sticker. He said he was going to follow up, call dealership and see if he could speed up replacement for missing EVSE, but no guarantees. Nissan will be calling me back next Tuesday with update.

I just received the post sale survey. I’m going to hold off filling it out and let the sales guys know. This is the only leverage I have at this time.

Jerryr
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 8:18 am
Delivery Date: 14 May 2018
Leaf Number: 307113

Re: What discount to expect over MSRP?

Sat May 26, 2018 7:43 pm

Nissan Corp got back to me. Best they could do is get the new EVSE by June 4th.

Got the new registration in the mail today from the dealership. They registered my car with the wrong color. The Gray car is listed as Gold. Now have to wait until after the holiday weekend to talk to the title clerk at the dealership.

Nothing goes right.

techiefan
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 2:22 am
Delivery Date: 27 May 2018
Leaf Number: 304600

Re: What discount to expect over MSRP?

Sun May 27, 2018 4:27 am

Jerryr wrote:Made the deal today. Got $4,968 discount off MSRP but dealer fees were $799 so net discount was $4,269.
Only incentive available was $1000 for NMAC financing. Only financed $18000. Will pay this off in about a week as soon as I get a loan number.

Also eligible for Federal Tax credit of $7,500. No other credits available in Florida.

Got $13,000 for trade in of 3 year old 2015 Leaf SL, Premium w/ Bose. That one cost me $20,000 after rebates, incentives an Federal Tax credits.

2018 SV Gray
All Weather pkg ($900)
SV technology Pkg ($2200)
Splash guards ($190)
Carpeted floor mats and cargo mat ($190)

$36,855 MSRP
-4,968 discount
+$799 Dealer fees
+ sales tax
+$200 registration fees



Got the same deal as you off MSRP for the most part

2018 SL White
MSRP $38510

Paid $35000 with all fees, reg etc. financed at 0% for 5 years with 5K down on CC (w/ points earned)
Dealer $499 + $360 for reg included with no sales tax in my state for EV

With the $7500 federal back should bring the cost down to $27500, just not sure if I should have leased it

Anyone know how the federal rebate works that got it back? Do everyone qualify for it regardless of income or how more or less taxes one pays? I tried to read up on it and it's confusing somewhat. Also I don't understand the MFG cap of 200K cars because I understand they are over that # but the Leaf still qualifies for the rebate? Thanks and sorry for the questions here.

Return to “Buying / Leasing / Dealerships”