$2500 Texas rebate is up and running

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oko

I searched the forums but could not find any info. I applied today for the rebate. I hand delivered the documents since it was just a few miles from my house. Does anyone have any experience how long it will take to get it? It seems up and running since May 31st.

https://www.tceq.texas.gov/airquality/terp/ld.html

I wanted to take advantage of the $2500 since we will be needing a new Leaf in the near future. The page is showing 6% of funding is already gone and 200 electric/hybrids out of 2,000 total. I guess since it was retroactive we would see a surge at the start of the program. I am a bit worried that the funds may run out or the 2,000 limit hit before I am in a position to buy a new Leaf. I need to wait until probably March 2019 due to an impending new home purchase mortgage situation.

I wish there were better deals for used Leafs because a 30kwh 2016-2017 would be fine for us. But the used prices are approaching what it would cost for a new 2018.

craigtx said:
I wanted to take advantage of the $2500 since we will be needing a new Leaf in the near future. The page is showing 6% of funding is already gone and 200 electric/hybrids out of 2,000 total. I guess since it was retroactive we would see a surge at the start of the program. I am a bit worried that the funds may run out or the 2,000 limit hit before I am in a position to buy a new Leaf. I need to wait until probably March 2019 due to an impending new home purchase mortgage situation.

I wish there were better deals for used Leafs because a 30kwh 2016-2017 would be fine for us. But the used prices are approaching what it would cost for a new 2018.

If you haven't already bought one, keep looking - there is a 2016 S at Nissan of McKinney for like $10,500 and I see them pop up all of the time (got a 2015 S this weekend myself).

Texas is showing 74% funds remaining, so I guess I don't need to worry about the funds running out before the May 31, 2019 deadline. I'll keep looking to see if I can find a 30kwh for a reasonable price, but as of now it looks like all the 2016 SV/SL (i.e. 30 kwh battery) used for sale are asking around $16/18K vs $12/$13K for 2016 'S' models. If I can find a 2018 'S' w/QC for around $30K minus $10K rebates, the final price is too close to the $16/$18K - i think I will go for the new 2018 Leaf.

You should be able to find a new 2018 S for less than 30k. I got my 2018 SL for about 35k. (Totally worth it)

BTW, does anyone know how long it takes to get the rebate? And how do you get it, a check in the mail?

I filed my paperwork around 9/15 they called me for a missing signature, I provided that a few days later and they said the first phase was approved but there are more "phases". I haven't heard from them again ...

craigtx said:
Texas is showing 74% funds remaining, so I guess I don't need to worry about the funds running out before the May 31, 2019 deadline. I'll keep looking to see if I can find a 30kwh for a reasonable price, but as of now it looks like all the 2016 SV/SL (i.e. 30 kwh battery) used for sale are asking around $16/18K vs $12/$13K for 2016 'S' models. If I can find a 2018 'S' w/QC for around $30K minus $10K rebates, the final price is too close to the $16/$18K - i think I will go for the new 2018 Leaf.
Do you use Oncor? There's a $3500 rebate. I ended up with a 19 SL for $31,450 + ttl with just a $3000 rebate.

craigtx said:
Unfortunately no I have Pedernales Coop and they don't seem to offer any electric car discount :(
Darn. I think Nissan would sell more Leafs if they made the $3000-$5000 rebate national.

I ended up with a 19 SL for $31,450

That is an amazing deal. I test drove a '19 SL with Tech package through Austin traffic yesterday. Driving with the ProPilot was quite an experience. So difficult to break 30 years of muscle memory that says "hit the brake" when traffic slows down. All in all I was very impressed with the car. Light years ahead of my '13 S.

Back