dhanson865
Moderator
Posts: 1493
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:12 am
Leaf Number: 16156
Location: Tennessee

Re: Wholesale value of the 2011 Leaf @Auction

Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:20 pm

aarond12 wrote:I just did a search from Dallas, Texas.
Found one for $8787 with ~68,000 miles and it shows 12 bars. (BMS reset anyone?) No SD card either.
There's another for $6000 with ~83,000 miles. No pictures, so no guess as to how many battery bars are left.


Pictures from dealers are not reliable. I bought a used Leaf from a used car dealer and the pictures didn't show the rear view camera (and possibly other discrepancies I may have forgotten) but when I showed up to look at it the car was a 2012 SL with no damage and every possible feature.

Homelink mirror, chademo, heated seats, rear view camera, solar panel, etcetera.

Every used car is a pig in a poke until you go check it out thoroughly. Take leafspy app / ODBII adapter / phone, take a portable air compressor to put air in the tires / check tire pressure, look for damage, check with the dealer service records, test drive, research car history in any way you can (bar loss wiki and forum search by VIN, google search VIN, autocheck/carfax).

I've seen cars on a lot at $14,000 in worse shape than cars on another lot at $8,000. Don't let asking price fool you into thinking the car is in better shape than it really is.
Blue 2012 Leaf 195/65/15 tires, 15" Rims
Silver 2012 Leaf 16" stock wheels
wiki/index.php?title=Real_World_Battery_Capacity_Loss
(efficiency 3.x KW vs 6.x KW)
please join Truedelta.com and input your repairs.

cwerdna
Posts: 8107
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Wholesale value of the 2011 Leaf @Auction

Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:33 am

evnow wrote:My 3 year cost of a '13 SV w/ all options will be about $6k. 2 consecutive leases would be 12k. All this with zero worries and newer car to driver around.

Unless someone can't get a similar deal or needs to drive a lot of miles, why buy used ?

Ofcourse if you need to drive a lot of miles a used '11 may not be the best option to begin with.

Huh? Are you talking about the total cost of lease for a 3 year lease on a '13 Leaf SV w/both packages? If so, that was complete fantasy land in Cailfornia by the time I leased, even w/the $2500 CVRP.

I missed one really good round of prices (long story) and can detail how much it cost me to lease for 2 years (more than that, even w/VPP) and what I recall about 3 years, at the time. We also have no sales tax exemption on EVs here.

'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

User avatar
evnow
Moderator
Posts: 11441
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:41 am
Delivery Date: 25 Feb 2011
Leaf Number: 303
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Wholesale value of the 2011 Leaf @Auction

Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:00 pm

cwerdna wrote:Huh? Are you talking about the total cost of lease for a 3 year lease on a '13 Leaf SV w/both packages? If so, that was complete fantasy land in Cailfornia by the time I leased, even w/the $2500 CVRP.

Actually, $6,500 = $2,000+36*$125. This was originally 24 months, extending by 1 year. Something good about a down payment.

I got VPP + Loyalty discount.
1st Leaf : 2/28/2011 to 5/6/2013
2nd Leaf : 5/4/2013 to 3/21/2017
Volt : 3/25/2017 to 5/25/2018
Model 3 : 5/10/2018 to ?

Valdemar
Posts: 2487
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 10:32 pm
Delivery Date: 09 Sep 2011
Location: Oak Park, CA

Re: Wholesale value of the 2011 Leaf @Auction

Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:39 pm

evnow wrote:
cwerdna wrote:Huh? Are you talking about the total cost of lease for a 3 year lease on a '13 Leaf SV w/both packages? If so, that was complete fantasy land in Cailfornia by the time I leased, even w/the $2500 CVRP.

Actually, $6,500 = $2,000+36*$125. This was originally 24 months, extending by 1 year. Something good about a down payment.

I got VPP + Loyalty discount.


Which trim? Allowed annual mileage?
'11 SL, totaled
-1CB@33k/21mo, -2CB@53k/33mo, -3CB@68k/41mo, -4CB(41.5AHr)@79k/49mo, -5CB(38.85AHr)@87.5k/54mo
-0CB(66.14AHr)@87.5k/54mo (BBB), -1CB(53.92Ahr)@140k/29mo,
53.92AHr, SOH 84.5%, 140k miles

9kW Solar

cwerdna
Posts: 8107
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Wholesale value of the 2011 Leaf @Auction

Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:43 am

dhanson865 wrote:Pictures from dealers are not reliable. I bought a used Leaf from a used car dealer and the pictures didn't show the rear view camera (and possibly other discrepancies I may have forgotten) but when I showed up to look at it the car was a 2012 SL with no damage and every possible feature.

Homelink mirror, chademo, heated seats, rear view camera, solar panel, etcetera.

Every used car is a pig in a poke until you go check it out thoroughly. Take leafspy app / ODBII adapter / phone, take a portable air compressor to put air in the tires / check tire pressure, look for damage, check with the dealer service records, test drive, research car history in any way you can (bar loss wiki and forum search by VIN, google search VIN, autocheck/carfax).

I've seen cars on a lot at $14,000 in worse shape than cars on another lot at $8,000. Don't let asking price fool you into thinking the car is in better shape than it really is.

Agree... I've seen many Craigslist listings where the pics clearly didn't match w/what was listed (e.g. picture of an '11 or '12 when they were advertising a '13). Or sometimes, a listing has multiple Leafs lumped into one ad.

'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

User avatar
evnow
Moderator
Posts: 11441
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:41 am
Delivery Date: 25 Feb 2011
Leaf Number: 303
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Wholesale value of the 2011 Leaf @Auction

Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:57 pm

Valdemar wrote:Which trim? Allowed annual mileage?


SV + 2 packages. Didn't want SL because of leather. I think annual mileage of 12k (I'm always short, so don't remember).
1st Leaf : 2/28/2011 to 5/6/2013
2nd Leaf : 5/4/2013 to 3/21/2017
Volt : 3/25/2017 to 5/25/2018
Model 3 : 5/10/2018 to ?

cwerdna
Posts: 8107
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Wholesale value of the 2011 Leaf @Auction

Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:34 pm

evnow wrote:
Valdemar wrote:Which trim? Allowed annual mileage?


SV + 2 packages. Didn't want SL because of leather. I think annual mileage of 12k (I'm always short, so don't remember).

You got an insanely good deal, possibly because you leased when they had incredible deals combined w/VPP and that loyalty discount (don't know anything about that) AND no sales tax. I couldn't lease that early and we have no sales tax exemption. My lease began 7/28/13, when the incredible deals got replaced by much worse ones.

Even the guy that was going around helping people (was sending business to a dealer I didn't like, had a bad personal experience w/them years ago and 2 other folks also did) said he couldn't get me a better deal.

My deal for a '13 SV w/both packages as well, was outlined at viewtopic.php?p=431999#p431999 (12K miles/year allowed). And, since I didn't want to risk putting anything down, that would've made extending another year (w/2 months free) about $3140 additional.

Even now, an SV w/no packages (at least advertised at viewtopic.php?f=42&t=20197) is more than what you paid for 3 years AFTER $2500 CVRP. And, you gotta add tax (8.75% for me?) to that.

'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

User avatar
OrientExpress
Forum Supporter
Posts: 1207
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:22 pm
Delivery Date: 10 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2331
Location: San Jose, Ca

Wholesale value of the 2011 Leaf @Auction August '15

Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:53 am

Here are the August '15 Wholesale numbers for the 2011 LEAF SL.

Image
2018 LEAF SL
Gun Metalic
Delivery April 10 2018

Prior LEAF:
2014 LEAF SV
Ocean Blue
Delivery May 23 2014
50,000+ miles - all 12 bars - Same range as new - No warranty issues ever!

User avatar
evnow
Moderator
Posts: 11441
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:41 am
Delivery Date: 25 Feb 2011
Leaf Number: 303
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Wholesale value of the 2011 Leaf @Auction

Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:54 pm

If we can get one for $600 next year - and get a $6k 30 kWh battery for it - it would be a good deal ;)
1st Leaf : 2/28/2011 to 5/6/2013
2nd Leaf : 5/4/2013 to 3/21/2017
Volt : 3/25/2017 to 5/25/2018
Model 3 : 5/10/2018 to ?

palmermd
Posts: 2496
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:19 pm
Delivery Date: 31 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 1100011011
Location: Hermosa Beach, CA

Re: Wholesale value of the 2011 Leaf @Auction

Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:57 pm

Got a note from Nissan today.

They are
willing to give me big money for (my car)
$7000 less reconditioning. haha.

I got a good laugh. At this point I may be one of the last to still hold onto my early 2011. It's paid for and I'm sure we'll eventually purchase a new battery for it, since it does not look like we will qualify for one under warranty. Probably only 3 bars lost at 5 years. Fortunately my wife only uses it for local errands and her 10 mile drive to work.

Image

Black Book Value is pretty much the same as the auction pricing, so this matches the posts from Manheim Auctions.

edit: oh, and I scratched off the hologram and it had three stars which indicated I was a winner. In the small print there was a website that showed what I won instead of going into the dealership, and guess what...I won $1000 off of any new car purchase.
Michael

Leaf since 31 March 2011
Driving electric since 1996


First Bar Loss
Second Bar Loss
Third Bar Loss
Fourth Bar Loss

Return to “Buying / Leasing / Dealerships”