Mossy Kearny Mesa & Poway

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any customer within 200 miles of 92111 or 92064 can get it flatbedded to your door...free... and the Leaf Sales coordinator will accompany the car to your house to show you how to work it.

mossyleaf said:
That's right I said it. Any member of this forum who contacts me will get the car discounted $500 dollars off the msrp that you configure. There's enough money in this car that I am willing to give a special discount to forum members if you guys are willing to spread the word. You can email me directly, and this goes whether or not you have already reserved from me or not. When it's time for you to request your dealer quote you get to choose. Get in touch with me in advance so we can get it all set up. I want to get all the info to you in advance of your order so we can submit your order as quickly as possible to get you in the front of the line. Cars will be built in the order that the dealer quotes are confirmed. You don't even need to come down to the dealer. You request the quote, I send it to you, you agree, I press a button, and off it goes. There is no additional paperwork, credit , stuff or anything. Let me know what you think. Leon Kamins, General Manager [email protected].

Great! I selected Poway Mossy as my preferred dealer. My order month is September and have been approved for the free home charger. Nice offer. I will send you a PM with my contact info.

mossyleaf said:
Any customer within 200 miles of 92111 or 92064 can get it flatbedded to your door...free... and the Leaf Sales coordinator will accompany the car to your house to show you how to work it.
200 miles from 92064 ... hmmm ... I'll take delivery in Lebec, CA at the side of the freeway. :lol: (Just kidding ... for now.) (thinking ... thinking ...)

Probably more than 200 miles to Albuquerque... :)

But a great offer for our members that live near you.

Gavin

I am located in Northern CA (SF Bay area) and its about 462 miles otherwise I would have chosen the option. I just hope a dealer from SF Bay area also considers discounting to get the orders.

In his last email to me, Leon said he'd get in touch with me when he returns from Las Vegas on Thursday. I expect we'll have lots of new/clarified information as a result of that meeting.

Hello everyone. I just got back from Vegas. I responded to many of your emails, but I could not get to all of them while on the Road. Jason, we'll talk tomorrow, as well as everyone else. Thanks.

Leon

I understand, that is a really aggrssive offer and I don't blame you for letting it capture your interest. a couple of facts you should know about. By the end of march 2011 there will have been roughly only 3300 leafs delivered nationwide. They initially wanted a lot more 10k, but they decided to launch in japan in january which diverted 2/3 of the cars. So of the 3300 they are parsing them out at a few hundred a month over the 4 months dec-end of march. There is also an order to the markets. They are launching the car first in the etec markets. San Diego, Portand, Nashville, Houston, Tuson-Phoenix corridor because this is where the infrastrucxture will be first, and they need that up in order for the car to be successful. So for anyone who is in an etec market who wants to join a dogpile and get into the non-etc ready dealer line they can, but they won't be getting their Leaf as quickly. I'm not saying you won't get it, you will, but you will cost yourself some time. Not trying to disuade you or anything like that, but I know that information is really scarce out there and I think it's only fair that you know all sides of the story. I have the second most highest Leaf reservations in the country, I'm not hurting as far as customers, but I'm trying to be the dealer that really communicates with you guys and tells you whats going on from the backside. I think theres value in that, and based on the massive response I have received many of you agree.

Leon

mossyleaf said:
I understand, that is a really aggrssive offer and I don't blame you for letting it capture your interest. a couple of facts you should know about. By the end of march 2011 there will have been roughly only 3300 leafs delivered nationwide. They initially wanted a lot more 10k, but they decided to launch in japan in january which diverted 2/3 of the cars. So of the 3300 they are parsing them out at a few hundred a month over the 4 months dec-end of march. There is also an order to the markets. They are launching the car first in the etec markets. San Diego, Portand, Nashville, Houston, Tuson-Phoenix corridor because this is where the infrastrucxture will be first, and they need that up in order for the car to be successful. So for anyone who is in an etec market who wants to join a dogpile and get into the non-etc ready dealer line they can, but they won't be getting their Leaf as quickly. I'm not saying you won't get it, you will, but you will cost yourself some time. Not trying to disuade you or anything like that, but I know that information is really scarce out there and I think it's only fair that you know all sides of the story. I have the second most highest Leaf reservations in the country, I'm not hurting as far as customers, but I'm trying to be the dealer that really communicates with you guys and tells you whats going on from the backside. I think theres value in that, and based on the massive response I have received many of you agree.

Leon
Hello, I am not in SoCal but this post captured my interest. Are you suggesting that the location of the dealership plays a part in whether a buyer can get the car sooner or later? All the while I thought that that only depends on the buyers position in the reservation system.

For example, two buyers with approximately the same position in the reservation system and in the same city should get the Leaf around the same time (assuming they submit their booking at the same time too), even if one picked an out-of-city dealer. Is this assumption wrong?

Thanks for clarifying.

greenleaf said:
Are you suggesting that the location of the dealership plays a part in whether a buyer can get the car sooner or later? All the while I thought that that only depends on the buyers position in the reservation system.

Time will tell (and with due deference to Leon), but I think this is complete nonsense. I expect the car orders will be processed in the order received. As long as you have an order processed in the month specified on your last communication from Nissan, and are inside a roll-out area, it won't matter where you are otherwise or where you order from. So long as you don't dawdle about getting your order placed, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back