SF BAY AREA GROUP BUY - Save some CA$H

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trentr

Ok, let's get the ball rolling. If you are interested, send an email to [email protected] or [email protected] and we will add you to the google group. Note: your email will be known to everyone in the group. We can then email the list to any General Manager Nissan Dealer in the SF Bay area to see if we can get a good price. If SoCal can get a discount, we should be able to do the same. GOOD LUCK!

I would be glad to take a discount but I'm not going to post my address for various reasons of course. What are the Leaf approved dealers in the area?I could see a sacramento dealer as a potential candidate but not the close circle of dealers discounting since they wont want to step on each others toes, once they "loose" reservations that will clearly change though so if people are leaving a specific dealer the pricing will adjust.

yes, it is better to have one coordinator, any volunteer? another option is to just create a temporary email address just for this purpose if you don't want to use your primary. i think one list like this gives the most impact when bargaining. this way any dealer will be able to compete for our group buy. if you like you can just do a pledge that you will buy from the best deal in town. in any case, we have to start somewhere.

An anonymous poll that would also show public results to a dealer that people are willing to move their reservations.

trentr said:
Ok, let's get the ball rolling. If you are interested, post your email address to this thread. We can then email the list to any Nissan Dealer General Manager in the SF Bay area to see if we can get a good price. If SoCal can get a discount, we should be able to do the same. I'll start by posting mine. Good luck!

[email protected]

If you don't want to post your email address, you can create a temporary one ;) at yahoo.com or some other website for this purpose.

Wait to get a larger number, numbers talk. Give it a week or so and count the number, five is not much but 25 is something worth noting.

trentr said:
If you don't want to post your email address, you can create a temporary one ;) at yahoo.com or some other website for this purpose.
Or use InboxAlias like I just did :) You might even notice it is created by the very same person that created this very forum :D
I do like the idea of one coordinator handling the list to avoid spam better but here is mine just the same [email protected]

greenleaf said:
trentr said:
Ok, let's get the ball rolling. If you are interested, post your email address to this thread. We can then email the list to any Nissan Dealer General Manager in the SF Bay area to see if we can get a good price. If SoCal can get a discount, we should be able to do the same. I'll start by posting mine. Good luck!

[email protected]

My email is greenleaf1224 at gmail dot com.

Lets keep an interest list and the moment we hit five or more, we can start emailing the dealerships to negotiate the price.

I also created a google group for tracking group members. If you prefer not to leave your email on a public forum, you can send an email to me and I will add your email to the group. Note: your email will be known to everyone in the group.

greenleaf- I sent you an email @your gmail.com acct for the group buy :)

my e-mail address is buyer_protection at yahoo dot com

please add me to the list and to the google group. Thanks a lot!

Cheers.

We will have one giant list. The longer the list, the better chances we have on getting a discount. Hopefully, substantial like the one in SoCal. I have a September order date, and I'm sure others on the list will have different months as well.

Back