Sacramento Area Fontana Customers Anybody?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgeParrott

I have been trying to get ANY of the Nissan dealers in the Sacramento region to accept a Leaf sale agreement at a "split between their invoice and MSRP."

Failing to find any that are willing to accept this offer, I am now considering putting my AUGUST order with Fontana Nissan at their $1000 under MSRP offer. They tell me that it would be about $475 to flatbed my car here to my house.

BUT if there are other Sacramento region LEAF August orders that want to have their car delivered via Fontana at the $1000 off MSRP plus SHARED flatbed expenses....Let's talk directly.

[email protected]

I'm sure contracting an enclosed exotic car transport would be better and LA to SF is a common route, these carries only do autos and they do it right. At this time I'm sure they would gladly pick up groups of cars. I have used one before to transport an EV and it was reasonable. I guess no one is up for an LA-SF EV rally! $1K pays for quite a few hotels:)

EVDRIVER said:
I guess no one is up for an LA-SF EV rally! $1K pays for quite a few hotels:)

I'm sure you can easily find people who will drive the car for free from LA to SF ! In this forum itself a lot of people - who are getting the car later - will volunteer !!

GeorgeParrott said:
I have been trying to get ANY of the Nissan dealers in the Sacramento region to accept a Leaf sale agreement at a "split between their invoice and MSRP."

Failing to find any that are willing to accept this offer, I am now considering putting my AUGUST order with Fontana Nissan at their $1000 under MSRP offer. They tell me that it would be about $475 to flatbed my car here to my house.

BUT if there are other Sacramento region LEAF August orders that want to have their car delivered via Fontana at the $1000 off MSRP plus SHARED flatbed expenses....Let's talk directly.

[email protected]

I've asked essentially the same question in the Fontana thread. I would guess that most of it depends on delivery dates and if a whole group of SF or Sac cars would arrive at Fontana at the same time. Don't know that anyone is going to let their car sit there for a month until we can get a full truck.

garygid said:
L3 LEAF Rallies start cars at half-hour intervals.
L2 Rallies start cars once each 8 hours?

But this only assumes one of each charger at each stop. If you have two chargers, for example, you can start cars at 15 minute intervals with L3 and every 4 hours with L2, and it would give drivers a chance for fellowship time with the driver ahead and/or behind them come charging stops. Assuming you can reserve the chargers exclusively for the time period that the Leaf rally will be passing through, that is.

garygid said:
L3 LEAF Rallies start cars at half-hour intervals.
L2 Rallies start cars once each 8 hours?

I would think IF pretty well empty...otherwise, if the stations are 50 miles apart, maybe half that. :)

Anybody in the Sacramento area who expects to make an AUGUST order of their Leaf....I have talked with Fontana and we could have cars delivered splitting that flatbed fee; I am certainly willing to wait a week, or even 3-4 weeks to secure a price several hundred dollars below MSRP. We have already waited more than a year for this car, so...another month, for me at least is nothing (My wife and I went to Tokyo last November just to see this and the other newest EV models at the Tokyo Auto Show, so it is really NOT about the few hundred dollars, but for me the principle of NOT paying such a profit driven sales price.).

George Parrott
W. Sacramento

Back