Sorting the various priority variables for delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yanquetino

I am still a bit confused about exactly what priorities will affect the Leaf rollout, and in what order. For example, we all know that five states are targeted for initial delivery, as listed on Nissan's launch schedule: WA, OR, CA, AZ and TN. However, beyond that it seems like certain cities (zip codes) within those states will take priority over others. For instance, San Diego will apparently receive Leafs before Los Angeles --let alone a city like Folsom. I would imagine that these priorities will be the same for the other three tiers of states as the rollout continues: Atlanta will likely receive its Leafs before Savannah, etc. We have also heard that dealerships with larger numbers of orders will take priority over those with smaller numbers. And, finally, there is supposed to be a "first-come-first-served" order in the process.

In an attempt to wrap my mind around all these variables, I created a fictitious list of reservations in chronological order by date received. The list looks like this:

leaf_order_date.jpg

I then sorted the spreadsheet using (1) state tier, (2) zip tier, (3) dealer orders, and (4) reservation date. Now the list looks like this:

leaf_order_sorted.jpg

The date of the reservation is practically irrelevant, given the other priorities. You can see, for instance, that Rose Redd gave Nissan her deposit months after Juanita Cruz, but will likely take delivery sooner, despite the fact that they both live in San Diego, because her dealer has more orders. Customers in Phoenix and Tucson will take delivery before those in the "smaller" CA cities. Even though the dealer in San Antonio has more orders, the Houston and Dallas dealers will likely take precedent because they are in larger metropolitan areas. Customers like poor George Borges, who paid his deposit the very next day after reservations opened, are nonetheless in for a long wait, since he lives in the fourth tier state of WI, and his dealer has even fewer orders than a counterpart in KS.

Anyway, that's my guess so far as to how the rollout will... roll out. If anybody has firm information to remove, add, or reorder the priorities, I would be happy to adjust and post the list accordingly to see how the results change.

I just wish Nissan would clarify the matter once and for all!

TIP- What you may think are variables will no longer be. Wait for first reservations and see. The is much FUD and speculation. I would not doubt that Nissan is changing their plan month to month. Unless anyone has some pressing issue for taxes, etc, who cares about a month or so on each side? But please keep sorting the data as it is very interesting.

Currently what we know is
- 5 rollout states
- August ordering even outside EV Project areas
- Seemingly August , Sept orders mixed up going by reservation order
- Nissan trying to control delivery by staggering the ordering
- Normally Nissan takes 90 days to deliver

Rest is speculation / wishful thinking.

evnow said:
Rest is speculation / wishful thinking.
Speculation: absolutely. That's about all we can do without firm input from Nissan.

Wishful thinking: :lol: If you look at the above tables, my situation is identical to Jack Sparrow's. If wishes were horses... I have been trampled. :cry:

Back