Hawaii Leafs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to this, Hawaii is getting 6 DC-quick charge stations!
http://www.hawaiicleanenergyinitiative.org/storage/pdf-news-releases/NR_EVCHARGERS_Final3.29.12.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dear Better Place Hawaii Members,

I wanted to update you an important hearing tomorrow that will directly impact you and the cost of parking your EV.

As you may recall, when I wrote to you last a few weeks back there were two bills being considered. The most important one to EV drivers, which will limit free parking for EVs has passed both the House and Senate and is being considered tomorrow by a conference committee. This is the last opportunity to have your voice heard on this important bill.
While no testimony will be accepted at the hearing tomorrow you can email the conferrees and let them know how you feel.

SB2746 makes a number of changes to reduce the benefits of free parking;

• Eliminates free parking for vehicles parked at an EV charging station
• Limits free meter parking to 2.5 hours or the maximum amount of time the meter allows, whichever is greater
• Limits free parking to 24 hours in lots such as the Airport
• Ends all free EV parking in 2014

Better Place does not support this bill and, if you feel similarly, encourages you to email the Senators and Representatives on the Conference Committee. You can email the Conferees at the following email addresses;

Senator Kalan English [email protected]
Senator Will Espero [email protected]
Senator Mike Gabbard [email protected]
Senator Clayton Hee [email protected]
Senator David Ige [email protected]
Rep Joseph Souki [email protected]
Rep Marcus Oshiro [email protected]
Rep Gilber Ketih-Agaran [email protected]
Rep Robert Herkes [email protected]
Rep Karl Rhoads [email protected]
Rep Denny Coffman [email protected]
Rep Linda Ichiyama [email protected]

The Conference Committee hearing is tomorrow, Thursday 4/19 at 1:30pm so any emails should be sent ASAP, but no later than 11am Thursday, 4/19.

The second bill that I wrote to you about, SB2747, which eliminates reserved parking stalls for EVs, passed the legislature and has been sent to Governor Abercrombie.

If you would rather not receive emails such as this simply Reply with the request UNSUBSCRIBE.

Thank you for being a Member of the Better Place Electric Car Charging Network.

Aloha,

Brian Goldstein
Director, Hawaii
Better Place, Inc.

M +1808-291-3450
betterplace.com

koolaukid said:
Dear Better Place Hawaii Members,

I wanted to update you an important hearing tomorrow that will directly impact you and the cost of parking your EV.

As you may recall, when I wrote to you last a few weeks back there were two bills being considered. The most important one to EV drivers, which will limit free parking for EVs has passed both the House and Senate and is being considered tomorrow by a conference committee. This is the last opportunity to have your voice heard on this important bill.
While no testimony will be accepted at the hearing tomorrow you can email the conferrees and let them know how you feel.

SB2746 makes a number of changes to reduce the benefits of free parking;

• Eliminates free parking for vehicles parked at an EV charging station
• Limits free meter parking to 2.5 hours or the maximum amount of time the meter allows, whichever is greater
• Limits free parking to 24 hours in lots such as the Airport
• Ends all free EV parking in 2014

Better Place does not support this bill and, if you feel similarly, encourages you to email the Senators and Representatives on the Conference Committee. You can email the Conferees at the following email addresses;

Senator Kalan English [email protected]
Senator Will Espero [email protected]
Senator Mike Gabbard [email protected]
Senator Clayton Hee [email protected]
Senator David Ige [email protected]
Rep Joseph Souki [email protected]
Rep Marcus Oshiro [email protected]
Rep Gilber Ketih-Agaran [email protected]
Rep Robert Herkes [email protected]
Rep Karl Rhoads [email protected]
Rep Denny Coffman [email protected]
Rep Linda Ichiyama [email protected]

The Conference Committee hearing is tomorrow, Thursday 4/19 at 1:30pm so any emails should be sent ASAP, but no later than 11am Thursday, 4/19.

The second bill that I wrote to you about, SB2747, which eliminates reserved parking stalls for EVs, passed the legislature and has been sent to Governor Abercrombie.

If you would rather not receive emails such as this simply Reply with the request UNSUBSCRIBE.

Thank you for being a Member of the Better Place Electric Car Charging Network.

Aloha,

Brian Goldstein
Director, Hawaii
Better Place, Inc.

M +1808-291-3450
betterplace.com

Wish I had seen this before...just found out today that as of 6/27/12, free meter parking is limited and places such as the airport for no more than 24 hours. From the State's Electric vehicle website http://energy.hawaii.gov/programs/transportation-on-the-move/ev-ready-program" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

•Act 168 includes:
•The department of transportation may adopt rules pursuant to chapter 91, Hawaii Revised Statutes, for the registration of, and issuance of special license plates for, electric vehicles.
•An electric vehicle on which an electric vehicle license plate is affixed shall be exempt from payment of parking fees, including those collected through parking meters, charged by any state or county authority in this State, except that this exemption shall not apply:
•For more than two and one-half hours of metered parking, or the maximum amount of time the meter allows, whichever is longer; or To parking fees assessed in increments longer than one twenty-four-hour day, including weekly, monthly, or annual parking permits.
•An electric vehicle on which an electric vehicle license plate is affixed shall be exempt from high occupancy vehicle lane restrictions.
•For the purposes of this Act: Electric vehicle means : (1) A neighborhood electric vehicle; or ( 2 ) A vehicle, with four or more wheels, that draws propulsion energy from a battery with at least four kilowatt hours of energy storage capacity that can be recharged from an external source of electricity.
•This Act shall take effect upon its approval and shall be repealed on June 30, 2020.

What a setback to the EV industry! Sad legislators are more concerned about squeezing out a couple of dollars from the few EVs on the road over trying to promote clean transportation.

Back