Tucson, AZ Test Drive Event

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonT

I have not received an email notice yet, but it looks as if the registration for the drive event in Tucson Arizona has opened up. Just head over to http://www.drivenissanleaf.com to schedule a time.

CALLING ALL TUCSON PEOPLE - LET'S HEAR ABOUT YOUR TEST DRIVE EXPERIENCE THIS WEEKEND.

Tucson Nissan Drive Electric Tour: Friday, Dec. 10 - 8 am

If anyone is going, here's some info: The electric drive tour stretches across 4th Avenue on 8th Street. The registration and tour actually begins in the large structure on the east side of 4th Avenue. After the tour and looking at the stationary LEAF, they walk you across 4th Avenue where the drive begins. The tour guides told me this is the most cramped place they have had so far. It is very different from the giant parking lot they used in Tempe. The tour guides know a lot, but the people riding with you know very little. The girl today did not know how to turn on the radio!! Today there was also an engineer from Tennessee that I spoke with for a while. Later, he saw me again and asked me if I had any more questions. He sort of followed the tour and interjected more facts and comments.

This test drive was a lot better than in Tempe last week - longer, faster, less traffic and people. After the drive I asked the tour guide if I could go back to the stationary LEAF and he said, "Sure, hang out with us as long you want." I spent about 20 minutes in and around the car until another tour came. I connected my iPhone via bluetooth to the audio and played some my music through the system while I tried out everything I could think of. I followed the next tour group back to the test drive location and did a second drive. This time I could really give it some pedal - whoa! I was pressed back into the seat. The brakes are very good too. The route zig zagged over to Stone Ave then we turned south. If you wait until the traffic has cleared this is where you can stomp on the pedal for a short spurt. Then there is more zig zagging back to the turn-around where you boarded.

This time I drove a ocean blue LEAF and in the sun I studied the paint and color. There are lots of turquoise and pink flakes in the metallic paint. I really liked it a lot. The red paint is non-metallic.

Azrich said:
The red paint is non-metallic.

If you're talking about the Cayenne Red LEAF, it isn't red (that's why it is called Cayenne) and it is definitely metallic. In fact, all the LEAF colors are metallic except the black. The Cayenne changes color depending on the light and sun. In the sun, it is a light copper color.
I had a Super test drive in Tempe the second time because they lengthened the course to two miles which had longer stretches where you could accelerate and test the regen. You probably had the short course when you were here.

LEAFfan said:
Azrich said:
The red paint is non-metallic.

If you're talking about the Cayenne Red LEAF, it isn't red (that's why it is called Cayenne) and it is definitely metallic. In fact, all the LEAF colors are metallic except the black. The Cayenne changes color depending on the light and sun. In the sun, it is a light copper color.
I had a Super test drive in Tempe the second time because they lengthened the course to two miles which had longer stretches where you could accelerate and test the regen. You probably had the short course when you were here.

LEAFfan, I stand corrected. Sorry. We went back to the Drive Electric Tour today and looked at all three of the Cayenne Red LEAFs. The two in the sun were definitely metallic and the one in the shade, it didn't look metallic, but is. I really like the copper color this paint makes in the sun. I almost considered changing to the Cayenne Red, but will stick to the blue ocean for now. Let's see some more photos of reeler's blue LEAF being delivered tomorrow. The photos Leon posted are very blue, but it might have been the indoor lighting. I'm looking forward to some outdoor, in the sun, photos of it.

We took our iPad and was able to pair it with the audio system via Bluetooth. No titles show up on the LEAF's screen, just like with the iPhone.

Back