Phoenix - APS HQ Chargepoint station downtown- Where is it?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azdre

So, I was heading downtown for a sporting event and noticed a chargepoint station on their app in the APS HQ parking garage. It's showing as a J1772 and is in use most of the day during business hours. I thought that maybe they upgraded the old chargers still sitting there on the first floor of the AZ center parking garage. So, I drove around the whole garage once with no luck. I called Chargepoint who could only read me the limited info that I already saw on the website. When she realized that I knew what I was talking about, she gave me the number for the distribution company who handles the installations. They called me back immediately (very impressed) and advised they'd have to talk to the installers to get more details about where to find the chargers. The called me back the following Monday to advise that it is installed on the first floor, 6 spaces south of the elevator. Well, the elevator is on the south side of the parking garage, so someone is mixed up. In the mean time I decided to call APS as well. I spoke with the operator who put me in touch with the green team, who gave me the number for the EV coordinator, Joyce. I just left my 2nd voicemail message for Joyce. I thought, well maybe it is in the garage under the building, so I drove up to the gates and picked up the phone to ring security. A very nice security guard took my number and called me back to advise that there are no EV charging stations under the building! So, I am still waiting for a call back from APS and the distributor to find out where this thing is, because it certainly is not 6 spaces south of the elevator.

IF I ever get this figured out, I'll let ya'll know.

The garage has an entrance off of Fillmore street that allows you to drive past some of the parking spots on the North side of the first floor that you don't see if you come in from the 5th street entrance. (Unless you take a right, go out to the oversized vehicle parking and swing around.) Maybe it is over in that section.

I was there this week and took a look around the first floor. I found two charging stations on the west wall at the south end of the row of parking spaces. I didn't look at them very closely but it looked to me like they were the old paddle style connecters.

Sorry, I should have posted an update. After many phone calls, The chargepoint people eventually removed this from their site. It was probably in the underground employee parking under the APS building.

Back