Arizona Alternative Fuel Sticker

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shrink

I did a search, but could not find the answer either here or on the servicearizona website, but I just received my Alternative Fuel/Cloud license plate for my Leaf. In the envelope was this sticker:

IMG_1285.jpg

First, do I have to put that sticker on as well, or does the license plate suffice?

Second, where I can I find an alcohol-powered vehicle? :lol:

I got one too. I just filled in the "electric" circle and stuck it on the outside lower right surface of the rear hatch window. That way it won't be sticking to the defroster strips that are on the inside of the window and when it gets old an needs a new one, we can use a razor blade to get it off. Also, there is sufficient blacked out area of the window that it doesn't restrict the view out the window.

ERG4ALL said:
I got one too. I just filled in the "electric" circle and stuck it on the outside lower right surface of the rear hatch window. That way it won't be sticking to the defroster strips that are on the inside of the window and when it gets old an needs a new one, we can use a razor blade to get it off. Also, there is sufficient blacked out area of the window that it doesn't restrict the view out the window.

Well, as DarkStar said, I find the sticker ridiculous as well and would rather not put it on. I was just wondering if I actually had to put it on.

Does anyone know if this thing is required?

I would love to mark the alcohol box. Goes so well with driving, doesn't it?

I suspect that the cloud plate may apply or has applied in the past to a variety of environmentally conscious vehicles. As the laws or HOV privileges change, the sticker may allow law enforcement to ascertain as far as the state is concerned, exactly what type of vehicle this is.

The alt-fuel plate is all that is required for carpool lane access. That decal is not. To my understanding it was originally created for other plates to be used on an EV and gain carpool lane access (vetran, foreign legion, purple heart, etc.). I was not issued one at the DMV when I registered my LEAF in January nor would I put one on my car.

I got my AF plate in the mail back in July and I did not get the sticker myself. I assume if the sticker is something newly required, they would have mailed it to all earlier owners stating that they're required to display it. I have not received any such mail or communication of that sort to date.

Thanks for the feedback, folks. This is what is says on the back of the sticker:

IMG_1312.jpg

It says "Please affix;" not "You must place sticker..."

I agree with what Skywagon and Volusiano wrote. I do not plan on putting this sticker on my car.

DarkStar said:
E85 would technically qualify, right?
BTW, that sticker is extremely ridiculous! :D

No, E85 wouldn't qualify, technically or legally. All those cars listed on that sticker have to be 100%/dedicated to that fuel type before they can use the HOV and receive a blue AFV plate. The only use for that sticker would be for someone who has an AFV, but chooses to keep their existing plate from their ICE car. They would then have to affix that sticker if they wanted to use the HOV.

I am happy to display the sticker. I want people to know that there is a very ordinary looking car out there that happens to be all electric and will provide about 90% of driving without any use of foreign oil. Anything I can do to help the U.S. stop sending over $1,000,000,000 per day to foreign countries is a good thing. We have displayed our LEAF at three local events and have another planned for Sept. 3rd. I have been surprised in six months of ownership only two people have recognized the LEAF as an all electric car. It does look a lot like a Versa and there is even a Mazda model out there that bears a striking resemblance to it and they are both ICE vehicles. So I think the sticker might be of some small help in getting the EV word out.

LEAFfan said:
DarkStar said:
E85 would technically qualify, right?
BTW, that sticker is extremely ridiculous! :D

No, E85 wouldn't qualify, technically or legally. All those cars listed on that sticker have to be 100%/dedicated to that fuel type before they can use the HOV and receive a blue AFV plate. The only use for that sticker would be for someone who has an AFV, but chooses to keep their existing plate from their ICE car. They would then have to affix that sticker if they wanted to use the HOV.
So E100 would qualify then. Hmm...

LEAFfan said:
All those cars listed on that sticker have to be 100%/dedicated to that fuel type before they can use the HOV and receive a blue AFV plate. The only use for that sticker would be for someone who has an AFV, but chooses to keep their existing plate from their ICE car. They would then have to affix that sticker if they wanted to use the HOV.

That is a great explanation. Thank you.

Back