JJnHAWAII
Delivery Date: 05 Aug 2011
Leaf Number: 5579

Re: Hawaii Leafs

Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:54 pm

Hey, Oahu Nissan Leaf owners check out Facebook page : Oahu Nissan Leaf Owners

Another avenue to share information and ideas, especially for us Oahu drivers.

Mahalo

JJnHAWAII

Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:31 pm

How long does it take to receive the Hawaii EV rebate after you get the approval letter?

fulabu

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:39 am

jj50 wrote:Just received some OEM rubber floor mats today. I purchased them through Marlboro Nissan here:

http://www.nissanaccessories247.com/999E4-8X000

Note that you can't order online because a glitch in their system doesn't show the state of Hawaii for shipping. But you can call their toll-free number and speak to Jamie, he took my order over the phone.

$80.99, and free shipping to Hawaii! :) Way cheaper than the local dealers. The mats look good, too.

-jj50

I just ordered mats from Marlboro Nissan. I spoke with Matt who took my order over the phone. Cool guy. Free shipping to Hawaii is sweet!

seswindale
Delivery Date: 18 Aug 2011

Re: Leather upholstery

Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:41 pm

koolaukid wrote:I think the fabric used for the seats and especially the armrests is a poor choice and have been looking into alternatives. Wet Okole seat covers are one option but do nothing for the stain susceptible armrests and center console. Stopped by Golden Upholstery on Queen Street today and got a quote for $1,550 for front and back seats, door panels and center console. I see where the SF group has arranged a group buy at ~$1,000-$1,100. There are photos of the Leaf leather installation at;

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4266&hilit=leather&start=20

Scroll down the page about halfway, this install had the seats done in a light tan and the door panels are a contrasting darker color, both are similar to the current interior. Is anyone else looking to do something like this? If so, please state your intentions and I'll try to put together better pricing.

I am interested in the leather seats

JJnHAWAII

Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:05 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know that scotch guard on the seats will prevent stains. My kids spilled Wendy's chocolate frosty on the back seat. It wiped up no problem with just a cold wet rag.

fulabu

Re: Leather upholstery

Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:16 pm

seswindale wrote:
koolaukid wrote:I think the fabric used for the seats and especially the armrests is a poor choice and have been looking into alternatives. Wet Okole seat covers are one option but do nothing for the stain susceptible armrests and center console. Stopped by Golden Upholstery on Queen Street today and got a quote for $1,550 for front and back seats, door panels and center console. I see where the SF group has arranged a group buy at ~$1,000-$1,100. There are photos of the Leaf leather installation at;

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4266&hilit=leather&start=20

Scroll down the page about halfway, this install had the seats done in a light tan and the door panels are a contrasting darker color, both are similar to the current interior. Is anyone else looking to do something like this? If so, please state your intentions and I'll try to put together better pricing.

I am interested in the leather seats

Me too.

fulabu

Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:32 am

fulabu wrote:
jj50 wrote:
daSilvaLeaf wrote:has anyone been using the evseupgrade for charging?
does it work well?
any safety issues?
any warranty issues?
is it eligible for state rebate? fed tax credit?

aloha

I'm also planning on buying the EVSE upgrade, so I'd be interested in other people's experiences in Hawaii. I'm gonna have an electrician install a 240v L6-20 outlet soon, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

I think that basically it seems like it works well, and is safe.

Regarding the warranty issues, this is from the EVSEupgrade website:
"It will not void the warranty on your car. In the US we have the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act which is a United States federal law, (15 U.S.C. § 2301 et seq.). Enacted in 1975, it is the federal statute that governs warranties on consumer products. Among other things, It prevents manufacturers from denying warranty coverage from aftermarket upgrades. The only way they can deny a claim is to unequivocally prove that the upgrade did damage to your car. (see previous question) However, the warranty coverage on the EVSE itself will be voided. However, We stand behind our work and cover the upgrade for a period of 1 year, which offers additional peace-of-mind."

Regarding the state tax rebate, see here:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3072
Has anyone tried to claim the state rebate for the EVSE upgrade?

-jj50

I have the evse upgrade and it works great. No safety issues at all. I'm trying for the state rebate; we'll see. I'll let you know.

FYI, state rebate for upgraded evse was denied because it is not UL certified.

koolaukid
Delivery Date: 01 Jan 2011

Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:04 pm

"FYI, state rebate for upgraded evse was denied because it is not UL certified."

How about expenses to run a 240 line to the garage? Do those qualify?

kmau123
Delivery Date: 20 Aug 2011

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:17 am

What did you pay for a level 2 charged install and who installed it?

jj50
Delivery Date: 08 Aug 2011

Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:40 pm

koolaukid wrote:"FYI, state rebate for upgraded evse was denied because it is not UL certified."

How about expenses to run a 240 line to the garage? Do those qualify?

No, I don't think the state rebate will pay for running a 240 line. You might be able to claim the $1000 federal tax credit, I gotta check with my accountant.

Just had an electrician run a 240v line, the cost was $500. He set up a 30a line, with 12 gauge wire, even though many recommend 40a and 8 gauge for "future proofing". The EVSE upgrade works great, and Phil provided excellent and fast service. Be aware that he'll charge an extra $25 for shipping to Hawaii.

Return to “Local / Regional Discussions”