Delivered July 17 2011

Clipper Creek CS100 Installed 12/28/2010
Charged off 9Kw PV system
Honolulu, HI

jj50
Delivery Date: 08 Aug 2011

Re: Hawaii Leafs

Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:45 am

Regarding range, I usually charge to 80%, and get about 55 miles.

What are other people getting on Oahu? Please share your range experiences.

jj50
Delivery Date: 08 Aug 2011

Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:49 am

fulabu wrote:FYI, started at full charge and drove from Kapolei to Sea Life Park, back to Kapolei via Wiamanlo/H3. No A/C for the whole trip - 18 miles left on the Leaf.

What was your total trip mileage? About 80 miles? That's pretty good, although I hope you weren't too hot!

koolaukid
Delivery Date: 01 Jan 2011

Parking for EVs

Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:31 am

Parking for the Judiciary Building behind Restaurant Row has a dedicated EV charging parking spot complete with credit card activated EVSE. EVs park free anywhere in the building, just as they do at all state and C&C buildings with over 100 parking spots.

So last week I had a bunch of errands in town with the final one being at the Judiciary Building. I planned to run the errands then grab a 2 hour charge before heading home over the Pali. When I got to the parking area there was a Leaf parked in the dedicated charging slot, the EVSE was plugged into the Leaf as if it were charging but when I looked, the EVSE wasn't charging and the process to charge hadn't been started. ie, the readout still said, "Put your charge card in the slot and push the yellow button to start". I also noticed only one light on the dashboard was blinking so they weren't even close to needing a charge.

So the Leaf owner had plugged their car in to look as if they were charging, tying up the charger. This was completely unnecessary as they could have parked free anywhere in the building. I ended up driving to my Mom's on Punchbowl and having my wife bring the Nissan EVSE so I could get enough charge to get back over the hill 10 hours. Extremely inconvenient and a significant irritation as well. I left a note on the car but that didn't even begin to address the way I felt.

To whoever owns the Leaf that was faking a charge and tying up the EVSE slot. Your actions were flat out selfish and ignorant. Get with the program, you aren't the only Leaf in the world.

dpodoll
Delivery Date: 17 Jul 2011
Leaf Number: 5589

Re: Parking for EVs

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:57 am

koolaukid wrote:Parking for the Judiciary Building behind Restaurant Row has a dedicated EV charging parking spot complete with credit card activated EVSE. EVs park free anywhere in the building, just as they do at all state and C&C buildings with over 100 parking spots.

To whoever owns the Leaf that was faking a charge and tying up the EVSE slot. Your actions were flat out selfish and ignorant. Get with the program, you aren't the only Leaf in the world.

Did you get a license number?
--------------------------------------------------
Cayenne Red Leaf SL
VIN#: 5589
Res 8/5/2010
Ord 2/17/2011
Delivered July 17 2011

Clipper Creek CS100 Installed 12/28/2010
Charged off 9Kw PV system
Honolulu, HI

JJnHAWAII
Delivery Date: 05 Aug 2011
Leaf Number: 5579

Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:36 pm

Couldn't you simply park next to them and unplug them, especially if you know they are not actually charging?

I probably would have unplugged them at that point.

This is why we need more charging stations on the island. Wouldn't be an issue if there were more charging points.

You can check out this link from the DOE for most if not all of the charging points on Oahu.

http://www.afdc.energy.gov/afdc/progs/i ... hp/HI/ELEC

Supposedly, there is a charging station on Ahui St, about .7 miles from the Judiciary Building, or you could have used the L2 charger at the Green Energy Outlet. I have used it before with my ChargePoint card.

There are options out there, but just difficult to find them all.

JJnHAWAII

Re: Hawaii Leafs - Revenge in Honolulu

Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:39 pm

dpodoll wrote:Revenge of the electric Car
Opening January 5th, 2012
Honolulu, HI: Honolulu Academy of the Arts

I plan on being there with my Ocean Blue Leaf !!

Anyone else planning on attending?

It would be nice to see a parking lot full of electric vehicles.

koolaukid
Delivery Date: 01 Jan 2011

Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:49 pm

JJnHAWAII wrote:Couldn't you simply park next to them and unplug them, especially if you know they are not actually charging?

Supposedly, there is a charging station on Ahui St, about .7 miles from the Judiciary Building, or you could have used the L2 charger at the Green Energy Outlet. I have used it before with my ChargePoint card.

There was a car parked next to them otherwise I would have used the space next to them. And yes, I was aware of the EVSE at the Green Energy Outlet but at the time I was so steamed I wasn't thinking clearly. Next time I'll use the them.

After snapping off their windshield wipers. Just kidding . . . . . . . . . . maybe.

JJnHAWAII

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:42 pm

I found the shorepower charging station on Ahui St. It's 1 dollar per hour for level 2 charging. They have several electric vehicle parking spots, but only one charger.

The charger is in the parking lot across from the Children's Discovery Center Museum. -Facing the museum, so it's really on Ohe St and not Ahui.

It's really in a great location there near everything.(Near Ward Gateway Center)

davewill

Re: Parking for EVs

Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:39 pm

koolaukid wrote:... I also noticed only one light on the dashboard was blinking so they weren't even close to needing a charge. ...
The light on the dash wouldn't flash if the car wasn't actually charging. Maybe the display on the EVSE was wrong.
2014 Rav4 EV, Blizzard Pearl White
2011 LEAF SL w/QC, Blue Ocean, returned at end of lease

Return to “Local / Regional Discussions”