JJnHAWAII
Delivery Date: 05 Aug 2011
Leaf Number: 5579

Re: Parking for EVs

Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:12 pm

davewill wrote:
koolaukid wrote:... I also noticed only one light on the dashboard was blinking so they weren't even close to needing a charge. ...
The light on the dash wouldn't flash if the car wasn't actually charging. Maybe the display on the EVSE was wrong.

I was thinking the same thing. The single blinking light means that the vehicle is charging and the battery SOC is low.

koolaukid
Delivery Date: 01 Jan 2011

Re: Parking for EVs

Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:11 am

JJnHAWAII wrote:
davewill wrote:
koolaukid wrote:... I also noticed only one light on the dashboard was blinking so they weren't even close to needing a charge. ...
The light on the dash wouldn't flash if the car wasn't actually charging. Maybe the display on the EVSE was wrong.

I was thinking the same thing. The single blinking light means that the vehicle is charging and the battery SOC is low.

Hmmm, I think you're right. Although there was nothing on the EVSE to indicate it was charging and in fact, the message seemed to be looking to initiate the process, the one blinking light does indicate vehicle charging.

Maybe it was a good thing I exercised restraint.

TheBiologist

Re: Hawaii Leafs

Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:42 pm

Hi Hawai'i LEAFers,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've just recently started leasing (with hope to buy) my Leaf. Love it!!
I can't say how helpful these forums have been in making the decision and then in navigating the process, so thank you!

Does anyone know how many Leafs are on Oahu? Are there any Leaf events planned for the near future other than the "Revenge of the electric car" screening? I live in Kaneohe, and looking forward to meeting fellow LEAFers on the island. :)

Aloha,
Nicole

JJnHAWAII

Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:45 pm

TheBiologist wrote:Hi Hawai'i LEAFers,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've just recently started leasing (with hope to buy) my Leaf. Love it!!
I can't say how helpful these forums have been in making the decision and then in navigating the process, so thank you!

Does anyone know how many Leafs are on Oahu? Are there any Leaf events planned for the near future other than the "Revenge of the electric car" screening? I live in Kaneohe, and looking forward to meeting fellow LEAFers on the island. :)

Aloha,
Nicole

Me too !! I will be at the Revenge of the Electric Car Opening, hopefully with other Leafers.

TheBiologist

Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:14 am

Just noticed the new charging station installed at the Enterprise in Kaneohe (near Nanko's)! Apparently it's not up and running yet, but should be shortly. Not sure if it's available for the public or just for Enterprise customers. I'm curious to know more...anyone else know about this?

Also, are we planning on going to the opening day of "Revenge of the Electric Car"? If so, what time?

Thanks!

JJnHAWAII

Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:50 pm

I purchased my tickets online for the 1pm showing on Jan 5th.

JJnHAWAII

Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:51 pm

There is a company installing free ev charging stations across Ohau. One of the first charging stations was installed recently at Pearl Ridge Mall and now Kahala Mall has two as well. You just pull up to the ev parking spot and plug in. It's as simple as that. No key fob, no pass code, nothing, and it's completely free.

The company is Volta http://www.voltacharging.com/

Also, Better Place has quite a few stations going up all over Oahu. I believe they are free the first year. All you have to do is sign up to get your key card for the ev charging station. I hope to have mine later this month.

http://www.betterplace.com/hawaii/

Now you can easily get around the entire island without range anxiety.

koolaukid
Delivery Date: 01 Jan 2011

Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:43 pm

As you may know, electric cars with an EV license plate park for free at all State and Municipal parking lots (e.g. Airport, Blaisdell, Zoo, Stadium, etc.) and all parking meters. SB2746 HD1 makes a number of changes to reduce the benefits of free parking;

• Eliminates free parking for vehicles parked at an EV charging station
• Limits free meter parking to 2.5 hours or the maximum amount of time the meter allows, whichever is greater
• Limits free parking to 24 hours in lots such as the Airport

You may also be aware that State law requires parking lots with 100+ stalls to reserve 1% of the stalls for EVs and to install at least one EV charging station. SB2747 HD1 makes several changes including;

• Eliminates requirement to have any reserved parking for electric cars other than one stall equipped with an EV charging station

Both bills (attached) have already been reviewed by the Senate and tomorrow's hearing is the last opportunity to submit testimony before going to final approval.

Below is information on tomorrow's hearing.

COMMITTEE ON ENERGY & ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
Rep. Denny Coffman, Chair
Rep. Derek S.K. Kawakami, Vice Chair
Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 9:00 a.m.
Conference Room 325, State Capitol

If you would like to submit testimony in support or against either bill you may do so via fax, online or email. Since the hearing is Tuesday at 9am, any testimony should be sent today. Templates are attached, please feel free to use and add your name and customize as you see fit.

To submit testimony;
Online - http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/submittestimony.aspx
Email - EEPtestimony@capitol.hawaii.gov
Fax - 586-8437 or 1-800-535-3859

TheBiologist

Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:59 pm

Two news-worthy developments:

$4500 rebates extended until November: http://energy.hawaii.gov/programs/transportation-on-the-move/ev-ready-program
DC-quick charge coming to Ko Olina! http://media.mitsubishicars.com/releases/f3855c04-a1a8-4b48-8713-f2395ae6c081

Question: What's the most updated map for charging spots these days?

Return to “Local / Regional Discussions”