akohekohe

Re: Hawaii Leafs

Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:35 pm

If you are thinking of waiting for an electric Ford Focus in Hawaii you may have to wait until at least 2012:

In late 2011, customers in the following market will be eligible to purchase Ford's first electric vehicle: Atlanta; Austin, Texas; Houston; Boston; Chicago; Denver; Detroit; Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Diego; New York, Orlando, Fla.; Phoenix; Tucson, Ariz.; Portland, Ore.; Raleigh Durham, N.C.; Richmond, Va.; Seattle; and Washington, D.C.

http://www.physorg.com/news/2010-11-ford-cities-focus-electric.html Not sure why they didn't include Honolulu in the roll-out but we are often an after thought it seems.

akohekohe

Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:25 pm

Article in today's Star Advertiser

I'm not sure what Mr. Preble is talking about when he says "the electrical contractor, who is installing a charging station at his home, won't do the job until he commits to buying the car. But Preble said he first wants to know when he'll be getting the car." The only thing I can figure is he hasn't ordered the car yet. I can't see any downside to ordering the car since it does not require any additional deposit (I don't even think you lose your $99 if you cancel the order) so why doesn't he just order the car?

akohekohe

Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:59 pm

The "my account" page now says "month of February" for the estimated delivery! I wonder who will get the first LEAF on O'ahu? Anybody have an exact date yet?

Kataphn
Delivery Date: 13 Jun 2013

Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:56 pm

akohekohe wrote:The "my account" page now says "month of February" for the estimated delivery! I wonder who will get the first LEAF on O'ahu? Anybody have an exact date yet?

Would be interested to know your order date....
Delivered: May 3, 2011
VIN: 1467 made 3-7-11
SL, Blue, eTec trim, EV project Blink
[purchased] as of 11-1-13: 25,000: 11 bars
Also have a PiP

akohekohe

Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:34 pm

Kataphn wrote:
akohekohe wrote:The "my account" page now says "month of February" for the estimated delivery! I wonder who will get the first LEAF on O'ahu? Anybody have an exact date yet?

October 28.

akohekohe

Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:37 pm

Well I got the AV EVSE installed today and I filed for my $500 rebate from the state of Hawaii.

TRONZ
Delivery Date: 31 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 202

Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:01 pm

I would love to move back to Oahu. With my LEAF. Been away to long :( Do they still get pissed if you try to bring your car over from the Mainland???
Every start, is as good as any start can ever be. - Douglas Darden

Stats;
2011 LEAF SL VIN#202, Delivered 01.30.11. Now, by far, the oldest LEAF in Colorado.

drerio
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015

Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:07 pm

akohekohe wrote:
Kataphn wrote:

October 28.

How were you able to order on Oct 28th... I registered on April 21st day after website launch and did all that was requested as soon as it was requested. I also inquired as to when Hawaii residents were going to be able to order and I was given the date of Nov 24th, I place my order on that day. I still I do not have a date as to when my arrives at the dealer. I am hoping for a March date if your vehicle comes in February.

I already installed my charging system so as to take advantage of the tax credit (expires on December 31st). Just turned off my breaker in the meantime in anticipation.

As to your original question... I am only guessing, but I would be willing to guess former Gov Linda Lingle. Rumor has it she ordered one.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"No one should approach the temple of science with the soul of a money changer." ~Thomas Browne

drerio
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015

Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:08 pm

akohekohe wrote:Well I got the AV EVSE installed today and I filed for my $500 rebate from the state of Hawaii.

For anyone else who has installed the charger from AV... you can fill out the rebate form and send it in right away. I am a little concerned that the permit no. listed is really an Building permit application number and not an actual permit no. don't know how this will ultimately affect the rebate.

You can download the rebate application here: http://hawaii.gov/dbedt/info/energy/evr ... ts/rebates
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"No one should approach the temple of science with the soul of a money changer." ~Thomas Browne

kingwindwardnissan

Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:12 pm

**post removed**
Last edited by kingwindwardnissan on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Local / Regional Discussions”