Someone unplugged my car

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fulabu

Between 3:30pm and 4:30pm (6/14) someone at Kapolei Shopping Center unplugged my Leaf and plugged in their Leaf. White Leaf lic #1417. Left them a note saying how inappropriate that was.

I called Better Place and let them know too. Hopefully they can help bring solutions too. Brian, would be great to put out communication similar to how you got us to write our representatives and senators.

Anyway, I hope we in Hawaii don't start unplugging each other's cars like #1417. So annoying!

I think in 2013 there will be no more unplug problems when affordable membership plan is implemented
For a limited time, we are offering free membership to early champions who can both help enhance the network with feedback from their own experiences and encourage more people to switch to electric. Beginning January 1, 2013, you will have the option to sign up for an affordable Better Place membership plan.

If I was done charging (80%) and they could see this (dash lights), no issue.....but leave a note.

If not....bastards!!!! :)

It is interesting....new technology, new issues, but sometimes we just have the same inconsiderate people.

If I'm using a Coulomb charger I typically put my small combo lock on so no one can unplug it. I also leave a courtesy card with my contact number and if someone calls or texts me and I am at a SOC that I can let them charge, I'd be happy to give them the combo code and tell them to put it under the charge port lid and close the lid.

I've left the card a few times but no one has ever called.

My solution:
6863698856_4935ab8bd8.jpg

Of course, in the last year I've used a public charger all of maybe 3 times. There just aren't enough of them around here to make use of.

I don't use public charging often. When I do, I use a small lock if the handle release has a lock hole. If not, I have a lock that came with one of my rifles that can lock the cable to the car (finally, I can put a cheap gun lock to good use). If I'm just opportunity charging and don't need it, I don't lock it. I always lock my own trickle charger at work, but that's more to discourage theft than simple unplugging.

how fun! we had this same discussion on another forum. Here in Florida there are no quick charge stations. the 1,2 charging stations are few and far between if you are not in Orlando or Tampa. So, here in the wilds of Lakeland, there are at least three electric vehicles, two leafs and one volt, that compete for the #2 charger. The volt and I have commutes of approximately 35 miles one way, if you're on the highway, otherwise it is closer to 40 miles. I must charge to make it home, especially if it is raining (which it does almost daily in Florida during the summer).
Needless to say, when we see the indication either on the station or on the car that it is fully charged or no longer charging, we will unplug. I have a mile walk to the charging station, so if I make it in first and it is finished around noon, I still have to change and walk to the station. So after several hiccups, I think we have all decided that this is not a bad thing.

Brilliant Silver 2012

09Bamb00 said:
how fun! we had this same discussion on another forum. Here in Florida there are no quick charge stations. the 1,2 charging stations are few and far between if you are not in Orlando or Tampa. So, here in the wilds of Lakeland, there are at least three electric vehicles, two leafs and one volt, that compete for the #2 charger. The volt and I have commutes of approximately 35 miles one way, if you're on the highway, otherwise it is closer to 40 miles. I must charge to make it home, especially if it is raining (which it does almost daily in Florida during the summer).
Needless to say, when we see the indication either on the station or on the car that it is fully charged or no longer charging, we will unplug. I have a mile walk to the charging station, so if I make it in first and it is finished around noon, I still have to change and walk to the station. So after several hiccups, I think we have all decided that this is not a bad thing.

Brilliant Silver 2012
That's dedication and courtesy! Everyone should follow your example. Thanks for setting a good example.

Reddy

Back