Volusiano
Delivery Date: 03 Jun 2011

Re: Blink Membership Rollout Starts Today in Maricopa County

Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:18 am

Blink wrote:
Volusiano wrote:
Blink wrote:Volusiano,

If you choose to change your Blink Plus membership at a later date, all you'll have to do is re-choose the new membership of your choice when ready. Also, your membership calendar year starts on the day you sign up. For example: If you signed up today - July 10, 2012 - your membership will expire on July 10, 2013. Thanks for the question!
Can you give me some additional clarification? It says "Upgrade now and we'll waive your annual fee of $30 membership dues for 2012".

If I signed up for a Basic Membership recently (let's say July 1st, 2012). I then just upgraded today (July 10, 2012). When will be I charge with a renewal fee of $30? January 1st 2013? Or July 1st 2013? Or July 10th, 2013?

One more question: I logged back on your website and don't see any date record of when I signed up recently for the basic membership. Without this information shown, how are people supposed to remember what date they signed up for their membership?

My apologies - I thought this post had gone through successfully and it did not. :/
If you choose to upgrade your membership, your anniversary date for the month/year will currently stay as your original sign up date. However, we are working on getting this changed soon. Also, we are hoping to have the membership sign up date information available within a future release. Thanks again for the questions!
I thought your answer here means that I would be able to enjoy the free Blink Plus membership until my anniversary date (until July 2013). But today I heard that comes January 2013, you will be charging people the $30/year regardless of the anniversary date. I called Blink and they confirmed this with me, so I reverted back to the free basic membership.

Does it mean that you gave me bad information above?

NoMoShocks
Delivery Date: 17 Jan 2015
Leaf Number: 305722

Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:05 am

I apologize, I would really like to read this thread from end to end but U an a very slow reader and would loose my home in the process. So, bottom line for me is what are the impacts on the EV Project. I am getting my home charger next week, and asking my employer to install Blink chargers.

I assume all charging at my home will remain free other than paying my electric bill?

Will my employer retain the option to provide me with free charge if that is their preference?

I am not as much concerned if the Blink charger at my local Walgreen's which has been free should begin to charge by the hour like the ones at my local Sears store; however, I think the stores hosting the charging stations should have the option to provide free charge or pay per charge. For example, since I got the LEAF five days ago, my plan is I will be filling all of my future prescriptions at Walgreen's, while I don't feel any additional loyalty to Sears for having the opportunity to pay there.

DarkStar
Delivery Date: 25 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 568

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:11 am

NoMoShocks wrote:I apologize, I would really like to read this thread from end to end but U an a very slow reader and would loose my home in the process. So, bottom line for me is what are the impacts on the EV Project. I am getting my home charger next week, and asking my employer to install Blink chargers.

I assume all charging at my home will remain free other than paying my electric bill?

Will my employer retain the option to provide me with free charge if that is their preference?

I am not as much concerned if the Blink charger at my local Walgreen's which has been free should begin to charge by the hour like the ones at my local Sears store; however, I think the stores hosting the charging stations should have the option to provide free charge or pay per charge. For example, since I got the LEAF five days ago, my plan is I will be filling all of my future prescriptions at Walgreen's, while I don't feel any additional loyalty to Sears for having the opportunity to pay there.

Through the EV Project, your home station will be yours after the project period. During the project period, the EV Project will receive charging statistic data from your EVSE. They don't pay for the electricity.

For the company, if they have a EV Project Blink installed, users of that Blink will have to pay the hourly fee to use it. The company will have to pay for the electricity used unless other programs are available (for example, here in Oregon, Portland General Electric will pay the electricity costs for a DC Quick Charger for one year).

It is not your employers option to set the price for the Blink if it is installed under the EV Project, they would have to buy their own EVSE (could still be a Blink) outright in order to set their own pricing.
Mikiko (2011 Nissan LEAF ETEC) Status:
Reserved: 04/20/10 | Ordered: 10/01/10 | EV Project Blink Installed: 03/22/11 | Delivered: 03/25/11 | VIN: 568

Oregon Electric Vehicle Association | Electric Auto Association

Blink
Delivery Date: 05 Jul 2012

Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:44 am

Volusiano wrote:
Blink wrote:
Volusiano wrote:Can you give me some additional clarification? It says "Upgrade now and we'll waive your annual fee of $30 membership dues for 2012".

If I signed up for a Basic Membership recently (let's say July 1st, 2012). I then just upgraded today (July 10, 2012). When will be I charge with a renewal fee of $30? January 1st 2013? Or July 1st 2013? Or July 10th, 2013?

One more question: I logged back on your website and don't see any date record of when I signed up recently for the basic membership. Without this information shown, how are people supposed to remember what date they signed up for their membership?

My apologies - I thought this post had gone through successfully and it did not. :/
If you choose to upgrade your membership, your anniversary date for the month/year will currently stay as your original sign up date. However, we are working on getting this changed soon. Also, we are hoping to have the membership sign up date information available within a future release. Thanks again for the questions!
I thought your answer here means that I would be able to enjoy the free Blink Plus membership until my anniversary date (until July 2013). But today I heard that comes January 2013, you will be charging people the $30/year regardless of the anniversary date. I called Blink and they confirmed this with me, so I reverted back to the free basic membership.

Volusiano,

I apologize for the confusion. At this time, the annual fee for the Blink Plus membership plan will be waived until further notice. You will not be charged the annual fee for 2013, and we will give notice when the annual fee comes into effect with your Blink Plus membership plan.

NoMoShocks
Delivery Date: 17 Jan 2015
Leaf Number: 305722

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:36 pm

Well, I have been campaigning for my company to put in 3 Level II Blink Chargers. Would these charge $1.00 per hour for Blink Members, because I think that is a steep price for electricity with a Level II charger. A full charge might cost me $3 or $4 where if my company provdies me with a 120 V, 20 Amp circuit to plug in my Level I charger for 9 hours free, I will be better off. The electricity cost to my employer would be same, and installation likely less to provide Level I outlets.

Volusiano
Delivery Date: 03 Jun 2011

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:10 pm

Blink wrote:
Volusiano wrote:
Blink wrote:If you choose to upgrade your membership, your anniversary date for the month/year will currently stay as your original sign up date. However, we are working on getting this changed soon. Also, we are hoping to have the membership sign up date information available within a future release. Thanks again for the questions!

Volusiano,

I apologize for the confusion. At this time, the annual fee for the Blink Plus membership plan will be waived until further notice. You will not be charged the annual fee for 2013, and we will give notice when the annual fee comes into effect with your Blink Plus membership plan.
Due to the confusion, I already cancelled my Blink Plus membership on that day I called in to Blink to confirm. I'm not sure when "until further notice" is, so I guess I'll stick to the free basic membership for now until a firm and clear policy is established.

DesertDenizen
Delivery Date: 11 Sep 2014
Leaf Number: 314507

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:56 pm

Due to the confusion, I already cancelled my Blink Plus membership on that day I called in to Blink to confirm. I'm not sure when "until further notice" is, so I guess I'll stick to the free basic membership for now until a firm and clear policy is established.

+1. I switched to Basic last week, and while on the phone no one mentioned a fee waiver.
[color=#0040BF]Fully charged by photo voltaic system.
Nov 9 2014 got my 2015 lease, SL. My third Leaf. Tucson AZ. 5,500 miles, 5.2 long term m/kwh. Let us see if the 'lizard' battery does better than my 2011, which lost a capacity bar at 6,771 miles.

drees

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:59 pm

Blink wrote:I apologize for the confusion. At this time, the annual fee for the Blink Plus membership plan will be waived until further notice. You will not be charged the annual fee for 2013, and we will give notice when the annual fee comes into effect with your Blink Plus membership plan.

Thank you for the clarification!
'11 LEAF SL Powered By 3.24 kW Enphase Solar PV

DarkStar
Delivery Date: 25 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 568

Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:05 pm

Volusiano wrote:
Blink wrote:I apologize for the confusion. At this time, the annual fee for the Blink Plus membership plan will be waived until further notice. You will not be charged the annual fee for 2013, and we will give notice when the annual fee comes into effect with your Blink Plus membership plan.

Well, I emailed Blink to switch me to the free basic membership last week if my Plus membership was renewing in January. I haven't heard back yet...
Mikiko (2011 Nissan LEAF ETEC) Status:
Reserved: 04/20/10 | Ordered: 10/01/10 | EV Project Blink Installed: 03/22/11 | Delivered: 03/25/11 | VIN: 568

Oregon Electric Vehicle Association | Electric Auto Association

LEAFfan
Delivery Date: 08 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 1855

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:04 pm

Since they posted "no membership fee for 2013", I changed mine today from basic to plus.
2013 LEAF SV Del. 2/28/13
2013 LEAF World Record for Most Miles Driven On One Charge-188 miles/8.8 m/kW h
4.8 kW DC PV ($ .91/W fully installed)/ Dec., 2010

Return to “Local / Regional Discussions”