Official Southern California Edison thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mwalsh said:
Valdemar said:
Mine says "under review" and $0 reserved.

I think it's a quirk with the earlier LEAFs. Did you also get the error message when you completed your application and tried to submit it?

Yup, but it did go through and I was able to upload a copy of the registration afterwards.

On a non "WooHoo! FREE MONEY!" SCE related note, I keep getting these dumb energy advisories from them, telling me how atrociously badly I'm doing conserving energy in comparison to my neighbors. Apparently I'm like the worst person in the neighborhood.

Except that it doesn't take into account that I'm fueling two EVs. Nor, for that matter, does it even recognize that I have PV!

What an utterly useless waste of time and money on their part! :roll:

mwalsh said:
Valdemar said:
Mine says "under review" and $0 reserved.

I think it's a quirk with the earlier LEAFs. Did you also get the error message when you completed your application and tried to submit it?
Same thing happened here with my '11 Leaf - error message then $0 reserved. Everything seemed to go smoothly with my Rav (which I entered in first), so I thought maybe it had to do with making a second application, but perhaps it's just a 2011 Leaf thing.

EDIT: now says $450 reserved for the Leaf as well as the Rav.

mwalsh said:
On a non "WooHoo! FREE MONEY!" SCE related note, I keep getting these dumb energy advisories from them, telling me how atrociously badly I'm doing conserving energy in comparison to my neighbors. Apparently I'm like the worst person in the neighborhood.

Except that it doesn't take into account that I'm fueling two EVs. Nor, for that matter, does it even recognize that I have PV!

What an utterly useless waste of time and money on their part! :roll:

Yeah, I called them and requested to opt from these notices out as they weren't even tracking my solar production to offset those numbers.

mwalsh said:
abasile said:
I had the exact same issue with our 2011 LEAF, so I emailed [email protected] and explained. We'll see if they respond.

I did get an email on the LEAF that read; "Thank you for your application to the Clean Fuel Rewards Program (CFRP). We are pleased to inform you that we are reserving a rebate amount of $450 for the following vehicle...". I'm sure you got the same? It would just let me sleep easier if i saw that $450 noted as reserved on the web site.

Honestly I'm pleasantly surprised these older EVs are still valid for new perks.

How long did it take to receive a confirmation email of your application?

mwalsh said:
lorenfb said:
How long did it take to receive a confirmation email of your application?

Just for the application? Right away.

Have not received anything on approval yet though, nor do I expect to for a few weeks.

Thanks for the info. I haven't received the app filling confirmation. So once you complete the app and
upload the CA vehicle registration, you should receive a confirmation and be able to status the app
via the SCE Rebate website, right? Time for me to call the support line: 888-851-2723.

lorenfb said:
Thanks for the info. I haven't received the app filling confirmation. So once you complete the app and
upload the CA vehicle registration, you should receive a confirmation and be able to status the app
via the SCE Rebate website, right? Time for me to call the support line: 888-851-2723.

You actually are supposed to get two emails - the first confirming your application and reminding you to upload your documents and then a second after you've uploaded your documents.

Have you checked the usual places - spam/junk folder? Any network administered spam filtering rules before email even gets to you? That soft of thing?

mwalsh said:
You actually are supposed to get two emails - the first confirming your application and reminding you to upload your documents and then a second after you've uploaded your documents.

Have you checked the usual places - spam/junk folder? Any network administered spam filtering rules before email even gets to you? That soft of thing?

So there're two documents to upload, i.e. not just the CA reg? Checked for possible spam, still no email. Have to call.

mwalsh said:
lorenfb said:
So there're two documents to upload, i.e. not just the CA reg? Checked for possible spam, still no email. Have to call.

No, just the one. I meant documents in the more general sense of the word.

What is your application status showing on the website?

Can't login (indicates email address not found). So used another email address to establish another account.
Entered data, and at completion, SCE system indicates duplicate VIN. My Leaf VIN is obviously in the system,
but under what email address, which is now the issue. Just have to call SCE. This possibly explains not having
an email confirmation.

I just (May 30) received emails from SCE saying that my two Clean Fuel Rewards applications have been approved and that they typically send out checks within 90 days of application approval. They will send me email when the checks are mailed.

For reference, I applied on May 17.

Just finished my second NEM period with 3,424kWh total usage and $303 energy charge credit. The confusing part they sent me a check for $85, which I don't quite get as I'm a net consumer. I suspect this comes from the the accumulated CA Climate Credit total for 2 years, the last bill is not all that self-explanatory with just a "Billing Adjustment" remark. Probably should give them a call to find out. And my 2011 Leaf was approved for the $450 credit, nice.

A few days ago I also received email notice that my application for my $450 rebate has been approved. I have alerted four EV driver friends in my area to this rebate, but so far to my knowledge only one of them has actually applied. I got the same letter as Boomer, warning of up to 90 days delay.

At first I was not quite clear on the concept as to how this in an effective incentive, since we already have the cars. One of the main points is that each successive owner of your EV can apply for another rebate on the car, so that is a nice incentive for buying a used EV.

I believe more effort should be made to find incentives for installing at least the wiring for EV charging in new construction, especially apartments and condos. A lot of that going in around here. I hope to present this idea to my local planning commission meeting at some point.

Back