Attn: SDG&E Pricing Study Participants - Sept 2013 Update

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

I work in the Clean Transportation group at SDG&E and have some information to pass along to EV Pricing Study participants in the SDG&E Service territory. A letter with additional information will be sent shortly to all participants.

Pricing Study and Experimental EV Rates Extended to Dec. 31, 2014
A recent California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) decision ordered SDG&E to conduct additional load research on EV charging. In addition, we received feedback from those Study participants who attended SDG&E’s recent August 8 workshops, and many of you wanted to see the Study and experimental EV rates extended. Extending the Study will help SDG&E collect and analyze additional EV charging data that may influence potential new EV pricing plans, as well as provide the CPUC with additional load research data. Therefore, SDG&E is extending the Pricing Study and the experimental EV rates through December 31, 2014. You are free to choose one of our other two EV time-of-use rates at any time, in the event they may save you more money, and you are not obligated to stay in the Study.

Revised Experimental EV Rates as of September 1
As many of you know, our electric rates increased on September 1. Information about those increases can be found on the SDG&E website at http://www.sdge.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Click on the “Total Electric Rates” link at the bottom of the home page for information about the various residential electric rates. Note that our experimental rates are not listed on that web page, but I have compiled the revised information about those rates below…

Thanks very much for your participation in the SDG&E Pricing Study and our recent workshops…

Revised EV TOU Rates (per kWh) as of 9/1/2013:

• Study Rate: EPEV-L
    On-Peak: Summer 0.30293
    Off-Peak: Summer 0.18472
    Super Off-Peak: Summer 0.15106
    On-Peak: Winter 0.19655
    Off-Peak: Winter 0.18899
    Super Off-Peak: Winter 0.15850

Study Rate: EPEV-M
    On-Peak: Summer 0.32652
    Off-Peak: Summer 0.20536
    Super Off-Peak: Summer 0.08525
    On-Peak: Winter 0.27687
    Off-Peak: Winter 0.18458
    Super Off-Peak: Winter 0.09138

Study Rate: EPEV-H
    On-Peak: Summer 0.42805
    Off-Peak: Summer 0.17122
    Super Off-Peak: Summer 0.07497
    On-Peak: Winter 0.37816
    Off-Peak: Winter 0.15126
    Super Off-Peak: Winter 0.07829

Current Rate: EV-TOU (Separate Meter for EV)
    On-Peak: Summer 0.29003
    Off-Peak: Summer 0.18556
    Super Off-Peak: Summer 0.16012
    On-Peak: Winter 0.19534
    Off-Peak: Winter 0.18799
    Super Off-Peak: Winter 0.16225

Current Rate: EV-TOU-2 (Whole House - 1 Meter)
    On-Peak: Summer 0.28999
    Off-Peak: Summer 0.18557
    Super Off-Peak: Summer 0.16012
    On-Peak: Winter 0.19530
    Off-Peak: Winter 0.18800
    Super Off-Peak: Winter 0.16225

Thanks for the update, Randy.

Randy said:
You are free to choose one of our other two EV time-of-use rates at any time, in the event they may save you more money, and you are not obligated to stay in the Study.
Do you mean that you can choose one of the other EPEV rates or that you can choose one of the other EV-TOU rates from an EPEV rate?

So, if I had the 7.7 cent "Y" or "Z" rate before, now I have this?

Study Rate: EPEV-H
On-Peak: Summer 0.42805
Off-Peak: Summer 0.17122
Super Off-Peak: Summer 0.07497
On-Peak: Winter 0.37816
Off-Peak: Winter 0.15126
Super Off-Peak: Winter 0.07829

Thanks for the questions...You can stay on your particular EPEV rate (whether H, M, or L), or you can switch to one of the legacy rates (EV-TOU for two meters or EV-TOU2 for a single whole house meter). You can't change from one EPEV rate to another...

If you want to stay on your existing rate, you won't have to take any action. Your rate will stay the same for 2014....

I hope that helps....

Randy

gaswalla said:
Thank you Randy.
Should we be expecting official communication from SDGE with reconfirmation of the exact rates?
Randy posted the exact rates. You can also see them here:
http://www.sdge.com/total-residential-electric-rates" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thanks.. I don't see the study rates on that link.. maybe I'm looking too fast.. anyways, the study pricing seems to have changed a wee bit over the two years, and I just wanted to find out the official pricing

gaswalla said:
thanks.. I don't see the study rates on that link.. maybe I'm looking too fast.. anyways, the study pricing seems to have changed a wee bit over the two years, and I just wanted to find out the official pricing
Yeah, for some reason the EPEV rates on on that page. Here's another link that has them:
http://www.sdge.com/electric-tariff-book-residential-rates" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Randy said:
Thanks for the questions...You can stay on your particular EPEV rate (whether H, M, or L), or you can switch to one of the legacy rates (EV-TOU for two meters or EV-TOU2 for a single whole house meter). You can't change from one EPEV rate to another...
I'm confused. Are you saying the very favorable study rates have changed? Or are you saying that the old X, Y, Z rates are still in effect?

Two things have happened.

1) All electric rates have increased as of September 1 as part of our General Rate case, including the EV Rates (Experimental and Legacy). By the way, that rate case happens every 3 years and this one took longer to complete. So the rates I listed in my initial message are the revised EV rates.

2) In addition to that, the Pricing Study (that has been in effect for 2.5 years with randomly assigned TOU rates for LEAF drivers) will be extended through December 31, 2014. That is a one year extension.

Drivers who currently have an experimental rate as part of the pricing study can stay on that rate through 12/31/14 or they can change to a Legacy EV rate (EV TOU or EVTOU2) anytime and leave the study.

I hope that helps clarify...

Randy

Back