oakwcj
Delivery Date: 19 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2441

Re: Warning! PG&E E-9 Massive Rate Increase

Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:33 pm

miimura wrote:Since I have solar, I will be running a comparison of my full year 2014 usage at then-current rates and these new rates. I'm pretty sure I will be calling PG&E to change to Schedule EV.

Because you have a PV system, you will probably be better off with E-6 or E-1. The E-9 rate is going to end in a few months, so you won't have that option even if you want it. Everybody's situation is different. In my case, I only exceed the baseline from November through February, when there isn't any peak on the E-6 rate. I will probably switch from E-9A to E-6, although my system produces enough electricity during the summer peak hours that I doubt I would end up paying anything under any of the rates. YMMV.
Cayenne Red SL-e
Blink Installed 6/23/11

miimura
Delivery Date: 01 Jan 2016

Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:21 am

JeffN wrote:It's an easy mistake to make (especially when posting at 1am), but you are comparing "sheet 2" or E9A rates from August 2014 with "sheet 4" or E9B rates from January 2015.

In other words, what you have labeled above as "E-9A Rates Effective 1/1/2015" are really the E-9B rates.
OMG! You are right. I was flipping through the new rate tariff and must have been on the wrong page when I was entering the rates in my spreadsheet. I won't do that any more. If you go to the PGE.com web site, they have all the historical rates in XLS, so I will be cutting and pasting to update my calculation spreadsheet in the future.

Nothing to see here.... sorry for the alarmist thread.

matth
Delivery Date: 9- 0-2011

Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:43 pm

miimura wrote:Nothing to see here.... sorry for the alarmist thread.

Easy mistake to make.

However, for many of us, the nub of your post is correct--there will be a massive rate increase when E9-A goes away. For low users, the EV rate is by far the most expensive of the options (roughly doubling my costs). E-6 may be advantageous, although I am annoyed enough about the change (and the way that PG&E and the PUC placated those of us who originally protested by delaying the end of E9) that I might switch to E-1 and charge (and use my washer, and mow my lawn...) when I want.

FYI, there was a letter in the SF Chron a few days ago by a similar Tier 1/2 user. I'd link it, but I can't find it.
White, SL/QC
Blink EVSE
Delivery estimate 8/2011
Actual delivery 9/17/11

Return to “Utilities”