Letter from Seattle City Light

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlambeth

I got this today. Informative-ish, and I'm hoping it means EcoTality has permitted me already.

1163937957_fXj2s-L-2.jpg

evnow said:
Interesting thing about rate plans. When I talked to PSE - they flat out said no new rate plans.

I can only recall the conversation I had with Verizon about 2 years ago, when the Customer Service Rep insisted, over all of my objections, that Verizon would never, ever, ever, get the iphone......despite all the calm logic I employed, he grew more combative throughout the call!

ah, well...the future is a different country too....

sjfotos said:
[I can only recall the conversation I had with Verizon about 2 years ago, when the Customer Service Rep insisted, over all of my objections, that Verizon would never, ever, ever, get the iphone......despite all the calm logic I employed, he grew more combative throughout the call!
Well, in Mobile 2 years is "forever" ;)

BTW, Seattle Light is different from PSE - so quite possible we won't get TOU rates.

in cellphone land 2 years is more than forever. you know, verizon changes its phone lineup every 3-4 months. major spec increases every year.

i had the original droid on my account and its a grand total of...oh wow!! its 14 months old. got it when it was first released. now its a dog compared to what is available now. got the Moto X last July. its 7 months old and in less than 2 months, it will be a dog compared to the moto Bionic and on it goes.

Yeah, I got a similar email today from Nissan, telling me that Southern California Edison was going to save me a lot of money.

I was hoping that it would be up to us to notify our electric companies about our new EVs, but I think Nissan is going to do it for us. In a perfect world, they would help us achieve the best balance of usage and rates.

But somehow I keep seeing a guy walking toward me with his hand out, saying "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you".

-Karl

kolmstead said:
Yeah, I got a similar email today from Nissan, telling me that Southern California Edison was going to save me a lot of money.

It was a friend's receipt of this same email that sent me into orbit over PG&E's current approach and its currently miniscule baseline. Turns out all I have to do is spend a couple of thousand getting a separate meter for my garage.

kolmstead said:
I was hoping that it would be up to us to notify our electric companies about our new EVs, but I think Nissan is going to do it for us.

I was wondering about that. In my case, it could be EcoTality getting a permit for the install that triggered the letter. However, as the City of Seattle is a partner in this partial release, they may very well have access to the Nissan data. Interesting - but I don't care enough about it to go back through all the original legalize that I signed off on. :)

EVDRIVER said:
Brown outs from 16A, if this is the case this utility has serious problems!

Ya, that was weird. It's a bit of a disclaimer I think. It would have to be a self install of the charger to get into the situation they're suggesting. I don't think there will be many self installs in Seattle for awhile.

BlueSL said:
... Turns out all I have to do is spend a couple of thousand getting a separate meter for my garage.

I just don't understand this, especially from PGE. They already put devices on particular applicances, and use that data to adjust your bill (my mother's AC in Palm Springs). These chargers are online - that data could be used to modify the bill (time of day charging) without installing a new meter.

I think they're just pushing their new meters in general, so they no longer have to pay people to come out and read them.

I wonder if they send a similar notice if you install an air conditioner for the first time.
More amps and more use during peak hours :roll:

It is like they are scared of their own shadow.

smkettner said:
I wonder if they send a similar notice if you install an air conditioner for the first time.
They would if you installed AC in Seattle ;)

ps. Yes, I know there are some who have AC here ....

kolmstead said:

I was hoping that it would be up to us to notify our electric companies about our new EVs, but I think Nissan is going to do it for us. In a perfect world, they would help us achieve the best balance of usage and rates.

But somehow I keep seeing a guy walking toward me with his hand out, saying "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you".

-Karl

I see two government guys walking toward me. The federal one has his hand out and is offering me a $7,500 tax credit; the state one, a $5,000 rebate check!

bytrain said:
I see two government guys walking toward me. The federal one has his hand out and is offering me a $7,500 tax credit; the state one, a $5,000 rebate check!

Excellent point! In Washington, the State is kicking in the sales tax ... at almost 10%, that's not bad either.

Back