Page 76 of 80

Re: Official Southern California Edison thread

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:42 am
by abasile
Boomer23 wrote:I've known for some months that PG&E offers a rebate of $500 to EV owners in their service region. I just heard this evening that SCE has a new program called Clean Fuel Rewards program. This program offers $450 for each EV that you own or lease.
SDG&E also offers a rebate program, which I think offers $50 per year to EV owners.

Thank you so much for passing this along! Without really checking into it, I had previously assumed that this program was only for new EV purchasers, not for people like us who already own their EVs. But it's apparently for all EV owners/lessors in their service areas!

I'll pass this along to some friends who are on the fence about purchasing their first EV.

Re: Official Southern California Edison thread

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:42 am
by Boomer23
You're very welcome.

And amazingly, the SCE program allows the same EV to be awarded the $450 credit up to THREE TIMES in its life, if it changes hands and is registered to new owners who are SCE customers.

Re: Official Southern California Edison thread

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:18 pm
by mwalsh
Boomer23 wrote:Pardon me if this is repeat information on this recently very active thread.

I just learned of a new EV rebate program that is being offered by SCE,



Thanks Phil! But obviously, it being me, I'm having issues.

First of all the application for the 2011 LEAF is not showing $450 reserved, maybe because there was an error when I tried to file the application? Yet the application was filed because I tried to do it over and it said that an application already existed??? I hate it when web sites don't work properly! :x

Then, of course, it wasn't explained adequately WHO should apply for the rebate and, since my wife is the account holder with SCE, I applied for the LEAF in her name when she isn't on the registration at all. Then afterwards I read the FAQ and the rebate has to be requested by the name of the person on the registration. :x

Then I applied for the Volt and, although my wife IS on the registration for it, I misspelled her name. And, of course, there is no way to go back in and edit an existing application. :x

I guess I'm going to be calling their help line on Monday.

I'm excited about the rebate, but not entirely sure I'll get anything the way it stands right now. :(

Edit: Well maybe it's not as bad as I see it in my head. Item 4 on the FAQ: "If the customer name entered on the application does not match the name shown on the vehicle registration card exactly, SCE may edit the applicant’s name to match that on the vehicle registration card."

Edit 2: But then item 5 says: "Incomplete or incorrect applications will not be processed. Applications must include all required information, including documentation of vehicle registration and documentation of the registration fees paid. Important Note: The name and address on the Application must match exactly the name and address of at least one person listed on the vehicle registration card, or your application may be rejected."

So which is it???? ARGH!

Edit 3: On the plus side, this program is being administered by the CSE, so I'm quite confident that we'll get this sorted out. Or at least have a better chance than if it was SCE or the State administering it.

Re: Official Southern California Edison thread

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:52 pm
by Boomer23
Argh, Mike, sorry to hear that.

We have Carol's Bolt registered to her, so I applied in her name for that car. My i3 is in my name, so I applied in my name for that one. I did have a bit of concern about whether I should create two separate accounts, but I ended up using just my account. I think that part is fine (I hope).

I didn't realize that the CSE is adminstering this. That's reassuring, as you say.

Re: Official Southern California Edison thread

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:07 pm
by abasile
mwalsh wrote:First of all the application for the 2011 LEAF is not showing $450 reserved, maybe because there was an error when I tried to file the application? Yet the application was filed because I tried to do it over and it said that an application already existed??? I hate it when web sites don't work properly! :x

I had the exact same issue with our 2011 LEAF, so I emailed info@scecleanfuel.com and explained. We'll see if they respond.

In my email, I also pointed out that our car registration mailing address doesn't exactly match our SCE service address because the Postal Service doesn't provide home delivery in our mountain community; we have to use a PO box. Mail addressed to only our physical street address unfortunately gets returned to the sender. Hopefully CSE will understand! (Thankfully, UPS, FedEx, and virtually all other private carriers do deliver straight to our home. Consequently, we use USPS as little as possible.)

Re: Official Southern California Edison thread

Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 1:59 am
by mwalsh
abasile wrote:I had the exact same issue with our 2011 LEAF, so I emailed info@scecleanfuel.com and explained. We'll see if they respond.


I did get an email on the LEAF that read; "Thank you for your application to the Clean Fuel Rewards Program (CFRP). We are pleased to inform you that we are reserving a rebate amount of $450 for the following vehicle...". I'm sure you got the same? It would just let me sleep easier if i saw that $450 noted as reserved on the web site.

Honestly I'm pleasantly surprised these older EVs are still valid for new perks.

Re: Official Southern California Edison thread

Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:58 am
by abasile
Yes, mwalsh, that was exactly my experience as well. I agree that this incentive is a very pleasant surprise for existing EV owners!

Re: Official Southern California Edison thread

Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:14 pm
by mwalsh
Well, as anticipated the folks from the CSE were pretty quick to get this sorted out for us - they corrected the spelling error on Naomi's application and on the one for my LEAF they made it ineligible so I could apply again under my own name.

However, it's apparent that 200 more applications have been received since I first applied on Friday, since my old application number was 00340 and my new one 00544.

Got the same error again when applying for my LEAF and still not showing any funds reserved on the website, though I got that same email again saying they were.

Re: Official Southern California Edison thread

Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:06 pm
by Valdemar
Mine says "under review" and $0 reserved.

Re: Official Southern California Edison thread

Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:44 am
by mwalsh
Valdemar wrote:Mine says "under review" and $0 reserved.


I think it's a quirk with the earlier LEAFs. Did you also get the error message when you completed your application and tried to submit it?