Hourly E-9 Usage Data Available on PG&E.com after upgrade

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oakwcj

PG&E has renamed its account information "My Energy." It separates usage from costs, so you can see your hourly usage on E-9 for the first time. You still can't get rate information [We're sorry, the My Rates tool is not available for your rate at this time. Please check back later as we continue to improve this site], but it's a significant improvement. One cheer for PG&E.

I got an e-mail about the system update, but forgot to check it until you mentioned it in your post. Great to be able to see hourly usage again after being put on E-9A. Though the rates tool isn't available, the "Export your data" option as a .csv file works great. It will really let me fine-tune my usage and have a bit better anticipation of how much electricity I'm really using and what tier I've hit for the current billing month. Always good to avoid any "bill shock" surprises.

Right, you have to have a "smart" meter, which the kv2 isn't, even though the kv2 is smart enough to handle electricity going the "wrong" direction, and the "smart" meter isn't. (Well, actually, the Smart meter could handle it, but PG&E is apparently not smart enough to figure out how to make sense of the data it sends.)

Bottom line: For now, PG&E customers with solar don't get hourly usage data.

Ray

planet4ever said:
Bottom line: For now, PG&E customers with solar don't get hourly usage data.

Same thing here in Phoenix with APS. Much to my dismay, when I asked why my usage data stopped getting updated on their website, they told me they don't show usage from the bidirectional meter they put in when I got solar. Seems pretty dumb.

Back