PG&E Summer E-9A rates graphic

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matth

My household wanted a graphic way to figure out when peak/part peak/off peak hours are, so I made this. It's a bit crude, but it might useful for others as well.

It includes times and a $ multiplier based on the off peak rate, and tier 1, which is where I mostly live.

EDIT: I discovered an error I'd made in weekday evening rates. Fixed now, with better colors.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7axCSCb8HEJNFFKeXZQQVNwa3M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is the way I did it in a spreadsheet for our E6 rates. I didn't try to show multipliers, because many months we go past the tier one limit, and sometimes past tier 2.

PG&E-E6-Rate.png

Ray

planet4ever said:
Here is the way I did it in a spreadsheet for our E6 rates. I didn't try to show multipliers, because many months we go past the tier one limit, and sometimes past tier 2.

PG&E-E6-Rate.png

Ray

Thanks, Ray, looks nice.

But remind us again of the Winter-Summer and Summer-Winter transition dates?

Rclams

rclams said:
Thanks, Ray, looks nice. But remind us again of the Winter-Summer and Summer-Winter transition dates?
You know, when I posted that I thought to myself that I should have included that important fact. I believe the transition dates are the same for all PG&E schedules with rates that differ by the time of the year: "Summer" is May 1 to October 31; "Winter" is November 1 to April 30.

As you have undoubtedly realized, all I did was define borders and background colors in a trivial spreadsheet. I happen to use the free Open Office suite, but I expect any modern spreadsheet program would have the same functionality.

Ray

Don't forget to shift everything one hour for the few weeks between "traditional" DST start/stop (used by PG&E) and current DST start/stop dates.

Right:
The time periods shown above will begin and end one hour later for the period between the second Sunday in March and the first Sunday in April, and for the period between the last Sunday in October and the first Sunday in November.
This isn't so much PG&E's choice as it is the way the GE kV net use meters were programmed when they were built.

Ray

OrientExpress said:
Here is the version of the Matrix that our family uses:

Leaf%20E-9a%20matrix.jpg

Very attractive layout! I think you have one error though. I believe weekend partial peak moves to off peak at 9:00 PM rather than 10:00 PM.

matth said:
Very attractive layout! I think you have one error though. I believe weekend partial peak moves to off peak at 9:00 PM rather than 10:00 PM.
You are correct for the current E9 schedule and has been in effect since January 1, 2008. From the E9 rate schedule time periods:
Times of the year and times of the day are defined as follows:
Summer (service from May 1 through October 31):
Peak: 2:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Partial-Peak: 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. AND 9:00 p.m. to 12:00 midnight Monday through Friday, plus 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Off-Peak: All other hours.
Winter (service from November 1 through April 30):
Partial-Peak: 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 midnight Monday through Friday, and 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Off-Peak: All other hours.
DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME ADJUSTMENT: The time periods shown above will begin and end one hour later for the period between the second Sunday in March and the first Sunday in April, and for the period between the last Sunday in October and the first Sunday in November.

Back