IEVS: Cloud-Based Battery Swapping Is Now A Thing For EVs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRA

https://insideevs.com/cloud-based-battery-swapping-is-now-a-thing-for-evs/

FOMM Corporation and Fujitsu formed an alliance for a battery swap mobility system for small electric vehicles. The main force behind the project is FOMM, who intends to introduce an ultra-compact four-passenger EV featuring a replaceable battery (size comparable to the Renault Twizy). The production of those will be launched in Thailand, where we expect the first battery exchange stations will be built.

FOMM says that small electric vehicles with range of up to 160 km (100 miles) will be able to replace the discharged battery for a fully-charged unit in five minutes. We feel that we’ve already heard the vision of making a better place for EVs and it was called Better Place, but in the case of those full-size cars, the project went bankrupt. Maybe it will be different with ultra-compact EVs that doesn’t need such expensive stations. .
. .

Match the tool to the job.
I don't know enough about Thailand or the likely consumer there to have an opinion.

wmcbrine said:
LeftieBiker said:
What makes this model "Cloud-Based"? The fact that it's likely a pipe dream?
I'm sure it involves Blockchain somehow.
LOL! Maybe they're using cloud services like AWS, Azure or Google Cloud instead of buying their own server hardware and putting them in a data center/hosting location somewhere?

But, I'm guessing it's just an attempt at marketing by using a currently hot buzzword. But yeah, they gotta throw in blockchain somewhere. :)

Back