GetOffYourGas
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2012

Re: Electrify America Network

Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:26 am

powersurge wrote:I don't believe any projections of new charging stations until I see them. I know of chargepoint, which is the best, and EVGO, which is a ripoff....

I will belive it when I see it...

3.5 months since this comment, and the network is well underway. Do you believe it now?

It's wonderful to see how quickly they are rolling these out. IMO, they have a good chance of completing their current map by the end of next June. That's less than 11 months away. Talk about a game-changer for non-Tesla EVs!
~Brian

EV Fleet:
2011 Torqeedo Travel 1003 electric outboard on a 22' sailboat
2012 Leaf SV (traded for Bolt)
2015 C-Max Energi (302A package)
2017 Bolt Premier

palmermd
Delivery Date: 31 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 1100011011

Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:10 pm

GetOffYourGas wrote:
powersurge wrote:I don't believe any projections of new charging stations until I see them. I know of chargepoint, which is the best, and EVGO, which is a ripoff....

I will belive it when I see it...

3.5 months since this comment, and the network is well underway. Do you believe it now?

It's wonderful to see how quickly they are rolling these out. IMO, they have a good chance of completing their current map by the end of next June. That's less than 11 months away. Talk about a game-changer for non-Tesla EVs!

what is well under way mean. Where can I see what has been done? The only thing on their website is about the event 3.5 months ago with the east coast charger installations. Is there a map like plug-share or something that can show what is installed? Better yet is there something like the supercharge.info map that shows installed as well as planned and under construction.

It should not be hard to find the information, but even when looking for it I've not found much evidence of installed chargers.

Please help me find them. There are several people who say they are getting installed, so I believe there is something...just hard to find it.
Michael

Leaf since 31 March 2011
Driving electric since 1996

First Bar Loss
Second Bar Loss
Third Bar Loss
Fourth Bar Loss

GRA

Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:53 pm

palmermd wrote:what is well under way mean. Where can I see what has been done? The only thing on their website is about the event 3.5 months ago with the east coast charger installations. Is there a map like plug-share or something that can show what is installed? Better yet is there something like the supercharge.info map that shows installed as well as planned and under construction.

It should not be hard to find the information, but even when looking for it I've not found much evidence of installed chargers.

Please help me find them. There are several people who say they are getting installed, so I believe there is something...just hard to find it.

https://www.electrifyamerica.com/locations
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

palmermd
Delivery Date: 31 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 1100011011

Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:05 pm

GRA wrote:
palmermd wrote:what is well under way mean. Where can I see what has been done? The only thing on their website is about the event 3.5 months ago with the east coast charger installations. Is there a map like plug-share or something that can show what is installed? Better yet is there something like the supercharge.info map that shows installed as well as planned and under construction.

It's a map with some (8) dots, and (25) future. Nothing about what is there. 120v outlet or dcfc? How many filling stations at each dot?

For as much as the site talks about spreading information they are failing to spread their own message.
Michael

Leaf since 31 March 2011
Driving electric since 1996

First Bar Loss
Second Bar Loss
Third Bar Loss
Fourth Bar Loss

GetOffYourGas
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2012

Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:47 am

palmermd wrote:
GRA wrote:

It's a map with some (8) dots, and (25) future. Nothing about what is there. 120v outlet or dcfc? How many filling stations at each dot?

For as much as the site talks about spreading information they are failing to spread their own message.

I agree that EA isn't doing much to spread their own message. However, if you really want info on what is installed, use PlugShare. You can filter for the EA network.

This is the current state. I call that "well under way" considering the first only opened 3 months ago.
~Brian

EV Fleet:
2011 Torqeedo Travel 1003 electric outboard on a 22' sailboat
2012 Leaf SV (traded for Bolt)
2015 C-Max Energi (302A package)
2017 Bolt Premier

jlv
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2014
Leaf Number: 424487

Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:53 am

Nice to see this underway.

All the opened sites seem have multiple (4, 6, 8) CCS and only 1 CHAdeMO. This will be a boom for the Bolt. Not so much for the 2019+ LEAF, unless Nissan gives up on CHAdeMO in the US.
'13 SL+Prem (mfg 12/13, leased 4/14, bought 5/17) 32K miTesla S 75D (3/17) 22K mi
Model 3 reservation (invited to order 1/18)

DaveinOlyWA
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2018
Leaf Number: 314199

Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:36 am

palmermd wrote:
GRA wrote:

Since I can't post pix, you will have to wade thru my trip blog. To help; It was Albany Oregon day two.

This is assuming pictures will be enough to convince you ;)

http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com/2018/07 ... ought.html
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles.2016 S30 deceased. 29,413 miles. 2018 S40; 8743 miles, 485 GIDs, 37.6 kwh 111.39 Ahr , SOH 96.49, Hx 114.98
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DaveinOlyWA
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2018
Leaf Number: 314199

Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:39 am

jlv wrote:Nice to see this underway.

All the opened sites seem have multiple (4, 6, 8) CCS and only 1 CHAdeMO. This will be a boom for the Bolt. Not so much for the 2019+ LEAF, unless Nissan gives up on CHAdeMO in the US.

Yeah its complete BS. This is the "supposedly" unbiased network when in reality you could have ALL the stations used by CCS since the one chademo is NOT a chademo station, its a dual station so a VW could use that one as well.

Don't be surprised to pull into one of these complexes to see 3 unused CCS only stations with a Bolt or VW using the ONE combo station...
Last edited by DaveinOlyWA on Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles.2016 S30 deceased. 29,413 miles. 2018 S40; 8743 miles, 485 GIDs, 37.6 kwh 111.39 Ahr , SOH 96.49, Hx 114.98
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GRA

Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:26 am

jlv wrote:Nice to see this underway.

They will be a bigger help to BEVs like the i-Pace/e-Tron Quattro/Taycan/KIa-Hyundais that can handle higher charge currents than the Bolt (for now).
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

GRA

Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:46 pm

#9, Huntington, OR is open. Why now, I'm not sure, because it's out in the middle of nowhere all by its lonesome. Heyburn, ID 240 miles away is listed as coming soon, but it's not as if there's likely to be a lot of BEVs located in the area that can reach it either at the moment, and Albany, OR is 379 miles away by the shortest (non-Interstate) route.

Return to “EVSE / Charging Equipment and Networks”