First time charging: blinking lights on included EVSE?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the same problem, using an outlet I have used for a couple weeks. Switched outlets and it works again. Mine was blinking alternating between green/orange and all three lights and making a clicking sound.

Our Leaf was charging for months with the standard Leaf Level 1 charger but recently it would not charge. The green light blinks indicating a fault trying a different outlet green light came on without blinking. I checked with Sperry Instruments GFCI Outlet / Receptacle Tester which indicated outlet was wired correctly. I plugged in my Leaf charger and the green light started blinking and when I plugged In the tester the blinking stoped and charging started. So I have a solution on how to get the charger to work on the outlet. This is a mystery why this corrects the Leaf charger fault anyone have any idea what's going on. ???

The tester has LED's and resisters between different pins on the outlet, different potentials between different pins light various LEDs. I suspect the ground (or I suppose any of the wires) on that circuit is questionable, and the connections in the tester is probably stabilizing it enough to pass whatever test the EVSE is doing. Check the tightness of all the wires on that outlet . If that doesn't help, you'd need to check any outlets that the circuit also goes to, as well as connections in the panel. It could even be a faulty appliance plugged into the circuit elsewhere, I suppose.

If you have a circuit that is overloaded then consider the eBay Lear L1 EVSE"s. At least the one supplied with my B starts at 8A. To get 12A you have to select it. 8A should not overload any circuit but it is oh so slow.;

Back