Slow1
Posts: 486
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:15 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jun 2014
Leaf Number: 425010
Location: Eastern MA, USA

Re: ICED - Images of Offending Vehicles Board of Shame

Mon May 18, 2015 6:49 pm

Yeah, those dollies would work great IF the surface is smooth like a showroom floor! Those tiny wheels aren't going to take much of a pebble to stop them in their tracks.
2013 S with 6kw upgrade (Black)
MFD Date 12/13

User avatar
UBUYGAS
Gold Member
Posts: 1268
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:35 pm
Delivery Date: 20 Apr 2013
Leaf Number: 404190
Location: Central NJ
Contact: ICQ Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL

Re: ICED - Images of Offending Vehicles Board of Shame

Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:40 am

The Rules are very Simple. If you Do Not Need a Charge then Park with the Gas Burning Cars!

Please don't be an #EVHOLE

http://www.EV-HOLES.com
https://youtu.be/tLwML_5vNcg

Image
Image
Image
Image

#ICEHOLE #GASHOLE #ICED #ICEDbyEV
Last edited by UBUYGAS on Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you know the EV RULES?

Learn them today by clicking here: http://EV-RULES.com

erco
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:32 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: ICED - Images of Offending Vehicles Board of Shame

Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:51 pm

I regret not taking my first shame photo this morning. Our local McDonald's has two adjacent EV parking spots with free L2 charging, right in front. A Mercedes had parked diagonally, blocking both spots. The driver was chatting away on her phone so I gave her a short toot. She looked surprised, gave me a scowl, then slowly pulled out & away. In hindsight, I should have parked elsewhere and come back to snap the shamepic.

Occasionally there are unattended ICE vehicles parked there, usually briefly. So far I have resisted the urge to hang the charger cable on their rear view window.
Ocean Blue 2014 S, 3.6kW OBC, no QC, purchased 10/21/17, 12 bars, Los Angeles

User avatar
DuncanCunningham
Forum Supporter
Posts: 458
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:02 am
Delivery Date: 15 Apr 2015
Location: Bountiful, UT

Re: ICED - Images of Offending Vehicles Board of Shame

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:10 am

erco wrote:I regret not taking my first shame photo this morning. Our local McDonald's has two adjacent EV parking spots with free L2 charging, right in front. A Mercedes had parked diagonally, blocking both spots. The driver was chatting away on her phone so I gave her a short toot. She looked surprised, gave me a scowl, then slowly pulled out & away. In hindsight, I should have parked elsewhere and come back to snap the shamepic.

Occasionally there are unattended ICE vehicles parked there, usually briefly. So far I have resisted the urge to hang the charger cable on their rear view window.


It seems as though Merc and BMW drivers are the worst offenders for this type of stunt, the one where they block two spots. I was lucky, this morning I wanted to charge and found a big red, not EV, truck parked right in front of the one that I wanted to reach. I didnt want to take up another spot from a Tesla so I parked next to the truck and was on my way. They either, don't care, don't know or do it on purpose. I hope it never the latter.

and NO, I don't not want to post a note on their car that is aggresive like calling someone a "EVHOLE". A polite, "oh shoot, it looks like you mistakenly parked in a charging spot. These are not parking, but Charging spots. They are not for Electric or Gas car owners to park in, they are charging only spots. It's cool, next time you'll know. Why don't you check out the super deals on used or NEW electric cars, they are great fun to drive."

Image

Image
Statler: Wake up you old fool. You slept through the show.
Waldorf: Who's a fool? You watched it.

2015 Leaf S (leased until May 2018, Bought out in Jan 2017)
2012 Leaf SL (purchased May 2015)

2k1Toaster
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:45 pm
Delivery Date: 12 Nov 2013
Leaf Number: 420903

Re: ICED - Images of Offending Vehicles Board of Shame

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:43 am

DuncanCunningham wrote:and NO, I don't not want to post a note on their car that is aggresive like calling someone a "EVHOLE". A polite, "oh shoot, it looks like you mistakenly parked in a charging spot. These are not parking, but Charging spots. They are not for Electric or Gas car owners to park in, they are charging only spots. It's cool, next time you'll know. Why don't you check out the super deals on used or NEW electric cars, they are great fun to drive."


A "polite conversation" I had with a lady that ICEd a spot resulted in her screaming at me and "my privilege". It was a 2 bay EVSE, I had one, came back to get my popcorn bucket and she was in the other. Had her window down I mentioned while pointing to the giant "EV Charging Only" sign that EV meant electric vehicles and this is like our gas station. Also ended up with the entire driver side of my vehicle keyed from back bumper to driver door on the same evening.

So no, I don't talk to these a$$holes anymore. I put a HUGE sticker on their window. They know. They just don't care. And when you try to let them know, now you're the bad guy that is causing all their world's problems.
2013 Nissan Leaf SV with every option
2013 Prius C Package 4
2012 Lexus RX450h
2006 Prius Gen II, pIV
2005 Honda Civic Hybrid
2001 Honda Civic EX
1997 Honda Prelude SH
1981 DeLorean DMC12
and more...

User avatar
DuncanCunningham
Forum Supporter
Posts: 458
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:02 am
Delivery Date: 15 Apr 2015
Location: Bountiful, UT

Re: ICED - Images of Offending Vehicles Board of Shame

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:53 am

2k1Toaster wrote:
DuncanCunningham wrote:and NO, I don't not want to post a note on their car that is aggresive like calling someone a "EVHOLE". A polite, "oh shoot, it looks like you mistakenly parked in a charging spot. These are not parking, but Charging spots. They are not for Electric or Gas car owners to park in, they are charging only spots. It's cool, next time you'll know. Why don't you check out the super deals on used or NEW electric cars, they are great fun to drive."


A "polite conversation" I had with a lady that ICEd a spot resulted in her screaming at me and "my privilege". It was a 2 bay EVSE, I had one, came back to get my popcorn bucket and she was in the other. Had her window down I mentioned while pointing to the giant "EV Charging Only" sign that EV meant electric vehicles and this is like our gas station. Also ended up with the entire driver side of my vehicle keyed from back bumper to driver door on the same evening.

So no, I don't talk to these a$$holes anymore. I put a HUGE sticker on their window. They know. They just don't care. And when you try to let them know, now you're the bad guy that is causing all their world's problems.



My point being proven by your experience. It rarely works to engage with those types and you can never know if they are that horrible. People are jerks the world over and EV ownership doesn't make a jerk any less of one. The only way to end this has been discussed over and over on this forum but one thing I know, engaging someone who pulls this stunt is not going to be polite to anything but the most humble and meek approach, and even then not, or a ticket from law enforcement. I think the latter is the only way. If charging stations where inconvenient to walk to and from it would be helpful too. Being placed so close to building encourages abuse.

I'm sorry about your encounter, I've been at the loosing end of people who treat others in this way enough to stay clear.
Statler: Wake up you old fool. You slept through the show.
Waldorf: Who's a fool? You watched it.

2015 Leaf S (leased until May 2018, Bought out in Jan 2017)
2012 Leaf SL (purchased May 2015)

User avatar
Sondy132001
Forum Supporter
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:38 pm
Delivery Date: 02 Mar 2015
Leaf Number: 016225
Location: Mission Viejo, CA

Re: ICED - Images of Offending Vehicles Board of Shame

Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:31 pm

DuncanCunningham wrote:
2k1Toaster wrote:
DuncanCunningham wrote:and NO, I don't not want to post a note on their car that is aggresive like calling someone a "EVHOLE". A polite, "oh shoot, it looks like you mistakenly parked in a charging spot. These are not parking, but Charging spots. They are not for Electric or Gas car owners to park in, they are charging only spots. It's cool, next time you'll know. Why don't you check out the super deals on used or NEW electric cars, they are great fun to drive."


A "polite conversation" I had with a lady that ICEd a spot resulted in her screaming at me and "my privilege". It was a 2 bay EVSE, I had one, came back to get my popcorn bucket and she was in the other. Had her window down I mentioned while pointing to the giant "EV Charging Only" sign that EV meant electric vehicles and this is like our gas station. Also ended up with the entire driver side of my vehicle keyed from back bumper to driver door on the same evening.

So no, I don't talk to these a$$holes anymore. I put a HUGE sticker on their window. They know. They just don't care. And when you try to let them know, now you're the bad guy that is causing all their world's problems.



My point being proven by your experience. It rarely works to engage with those types and you can never know if they are that horrible. People are jerks the world over and EV ownership doesn't make a jerk any less of one. The only way to end this has been discussed over and over on this forum but one thing I know, engaging someone who pulls this stunt is not going to be polite to anything but the most humble and meek approach, and even then not, or a ticket from law enforcement. I think the latter is the only way. If charging stations where inconvenient to walk to and from it would be helpful too. Being placed so close to building encourages abuse.

I'm sorry about your encounter, I've been at the loosing end of people who treat others in this way enough to stay clear.


I tend to think they put them so close to keep an eye on them, they have a lot of money invested in the charging stations, don't need them vandalized or destoyed, just my 2 cents.

If you're in South Orange County (CA) the charging stations at the Mission Viejo Mall are free to use, just an FYI.
2012 Nissan Leaf SL with QC 23,362 miles as of 3/5/15 Cayenne Red Mission Viejo, CA

Lost my 4th bar @ 49,474 miles 11-19-17

User avatar
LTLFTcomposite
Posts: 4346
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:06 pm
Delivery Date: 10 Dec 2011
Leaf Number: 5926
Location: Boca Raton FL

Re: ICED - Images of Offending Vehicles Board of Shame

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:40 am

It bears repeating, the only thing that curbs illegal parking is aggressive towing. If people's worst fear is that they will get a ticket the situation is more conducive to just parking wherever it's most convenient.
LTL
White 2012 SV delivered 10 Dec 2011 returned 25 Nov 2014 replaced with stopgap ICE Sentra
[35 months] [35K miles] [9 Bars]
2013 Volt replaced after 36 months/30k miles with ICE Rogue

User avatar
DuncanCunningham
Forum Supporter
Posts: 458
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:02 am
Delivery Date: 15 Apr 2015
Location: Bountiful, UT

Re: ICED - Images of Offending Vehicles Board of Shame

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:05 am

LTLFTcomposite wrote:It bears repeating, the only thing that curbs illegal parking is aggressive towing. If people's worst fear is that they will get a ticket the situation is more conducive to just parking wherever it's most convenient.

+1 Agreed. Without authority it's just an argument.
Statler: Wake up you old fool. You slept through the show.
Waldorf: Who's a fool? You watched it.

2015 Leaf S (leased until May 2018, Bought out in Jan 2017)
2012 Leaf SL (purchased May 2015)

User avatar
EVDRIVER
Posts: 5883
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:51 am

Re: ICED - Images of Offending Vehicles Board of Shame

Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:35 pm

My favorite is the ICE vehicles that put the charge cable under their hood. They are likely just confused as well.

Return to “EVSE / Charging Equipment and Networks”