emotorwerks
Vendor
Delivery Date: 05 Oct 2014

Re: E-MotorWerks JuiceBox - an open source 15kW EVSE

Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:33 pm

racpuc wrote:
emotorwerks wrote:I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with WiFi connectivity. I would encourage you to contact us directly at JB-support@emotorwerks.com, as we don't have the resources and time to monitor all social media outlets. My apologies for the inconvenience.

I'm in contact with someone at emotorwerks now. Thanks for the follow up.

Glad it finally worked out! I will follow up on this internally as well.

emotorwerks
Vendor

Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:37 pm

jpadc wrote:
emotorwerks wrote:I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with WiFi connectivity. I would encourage you to contact us directly at JB-support@emotorwerks.com, as we don't have the resources and time to monitor all social media outlets. My apologies for the inconvenience.
And that is what tone deaf sounds like.

EMotorWerks is a start-up, and like with any start-up, there are some growing pains. We are actively recruiting customer service and sales personnel, and welcome any referrals. Thanks again for your confidence, and for being a JuiceBox customer.

emotorwerks
Vendor

Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:43 pm

jpadc wrote:
racpuc wrote:I'm in contact with someone at emotorwerks now. Thanks for the follow up.
So complaining here did work :shock:

We actively monitor all the major forums, and have a social media presence as well. Unfortunately, our staffing levels are not quite what we would like to see. Sending an email to JB-support@emotorwerks.com would be the preferred route, but posting here or elsewhere will get our attention as well. You can also send a PM to this account.

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/emotorwerks

Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/eMotorWerks

Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/juicebox.powe/

hariinfo
Delivery Date: 21 Mar 2015

Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:04 pm

I ordered juicebox Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UB9 ... UTF8&psc=1

This forum was a huge driver to go with this purchase, packaging was excellent, arrived on time and works great, I even left a 5 start ratting.

But I have started noticing WIFI issues now, the app seems to not recognize the charger at times, I will monitor for some more time and then open an issue with there support team.

emotorwerks
Vendor

Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:10 pm

hariinfo wrote:I ordered juicebox Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UB9 ... UTF8&psc=1

This forum was a huge driver to go with this purchase, packaging was excellent, arrived on time and works great, I even left a 5 start ratting.

But I have started noticing WIFI issues now, the app seems to not recognize the charger at times, I will monitor for some more time and then open an issue with there support team.

Thank you for being a JuiceBox customer! I'm sorry to hear about the WiFi trouble. Have you been able to make headway on that front?

The WiFi module is supplied by ACKme, a start-up company in Los Gatos, CA. The chips themselves are from Broadcom, and ACKme provides a software layer on top of them. Their product just became available late last year, and we are working with them through some of the use cases, which have proven to be problematic. Overall, it's a great improvement from the popular Arduino WiFi shield from Roving Networks (now Microchip). We are looking at other options down the road, and we value your feedback.

Worst comes to worst, we will have to reprogram the WiFi module or swap the entire JuiceBox out.

dsinned

Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:35 pm

WiFi related issues have been my only problem with my JuiceBoxes (2), as well. My first JB (purchased last July) has the original Roving Network WiFi module, and all other available options. My other JB, which I purchased recently, is the option-less Basic model, with the new AckMe module. In my case, the RN module has worked well since it was reprogrammed by the eMW, but unfortunately only enables the Android app to be used in a "read only" mode. My AckMe equipped JB fully support the app, but I had a difficult time getting it to work initially. The WiFi "pairing" procedure did not work, especially using the built-in, local web browser. eMW had to reprogram it as well, and even after that, I had issues with the WiFi pairing procedure. Nevertheless, it has been working fine ever since reprogramming.

What I like about the RN implementation in the old JB is it supports "WPS", which can be activated with the remote key fob option using the menu driven uLCD display. My new JB does not have this option, so it does not have WPS support. I do not think WPS can be used to pair to a home WiFi network without getting deeper into the AckMe programming mode with a USB cable.

On another subject related to the CPUC PEV Sub-metering Pilot, many here, like myself, have been waiting to start soon with a UL approved (Version 12) JB. I am still on the waiting list for this program as a Northern CA PG&E customer. Once shipped, this will be my third JB and replacement for JB#2; a $10/week loaner unit from eMW.

Fwiw, I made a recent discovery that may interest some of you. In order to be fully safety approved, the new sub-metering pilot JB was designed with only a 12" long AC input cord. Such a short cord makes it much more difficult to plug in to the AC outlet mounted on the same wall as the JB. I will need a NEMA 14-50 male to female extension power cable long enough to loop down from the bottom of the JB, around and back up from beneath the outlet to plug in the power cord.

I found a suitable extension cord that is 15' long available on Amazon.com for a fairly good price on Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002XL2IG8/?tag=mh0b-20&hvadid=4161146972&hvqmt=p&hvbmt=bp&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_5jscdkimbn_p

dfrancissmith
Delivery Date: 06 Jul 2015

Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:15 am

I have had a functional juicebox since the initial set of units was sent out from the kickstarter campaign. When I got my juicebox it worked great. Then after a few weeks my car started showing a service light when I would start it in the morning after charging. I found that lowering the charging current the evse was allowed the car to pull seemed to alleviate the issue. But unsatisfied with the work-around I took the car to Nissan and they updated the charging firmware. This solved that car's issue for the most part. Now I have a new Leaf. I have been using the same juicebox to charge the car for several months. Within the last couple weeks it started showing the same service light in the morning after charging. However, after the last time I had it plugged in I found that the car did not fully charge. For some reason shortly after plugging in the juicebox and charge beginning it halts, and does not begin again on it's own. I have attempted altering the output current but this doesn't help. I have checked my voltage supply connections, and even tried using the juicebox at the lower 115 volts. Still after a few minutes of charging I hear the click of the relay shutting off power, when I check the car I see all lights; it has stopped charging. Can you all tell me how to trouble-shoot this issue?

GlennD
Forum Supporter
Delivery Date: 20 May 2013
Leaf Number: 410357

Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:48 am

If you have an early Juice Box you need to update the firmware. They have made many changes. I do know that the current version will not work since it expects different hardware. I an sure someone will tell you what version is best for you.
:
2013 Pearl White SL Premium
Traded for a Cirrus White 2014 Mercedes B (totaled)
2016 Urano Gray eGolf SEL w/ drive assist
Loved the VW but it sat too low for my old body
Back to a Cirrus White 2017 B250e
White Ioniq limited.It sits just fine

dfrancissmith
Delivery Date: 06 Jul 2015

Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:47 pm

My unit says it is version 8.0

GlennD
Forum Supporter
Delivery Date: 20 May 2013
Leaf Number: 410357

Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:07 am

Here is a link to the firmware. They do not list 8.0.

http://emotorwerks.com/JuiceBox_Public/
:
2013 Pearl White SL Premium
Traded for a Cirrus White 2014 Mercedes B (totaled)
2016 Urano Gray eGolf SEL w/ drive assist
Loved the VW but it sat too low for my old body
Back to a Cirrus White 2017 B250e
White Ioniq limited.It sits just fine

Return to “EVSE / Charging Equipment and Networks”