cwerdna
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Re: tonight at 9pm

Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:53 am

Looks like it's airing again on Science Channel on 4/27/17 at 4 am Pacific time on my cable lineup. Check your favorite TV listings site/DVR for your air time.

Can one of the mods fix the OP's title? Looks like the OP doesn't frequent MNL anymore.

'13 blue Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 blue Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

RonDawg
Delivery Date: 11 Jan 2013
Leaf Number: 027089

Re: tonight at 9pm

Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:06 am

If you're willing to put up with less-than-HD quality, the episode is available on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcNFX7Ra2sA

cwerdna wrote:The company was clearly in Canada and probably Quebec. Interesting they briefly showed a Spark EV.

This is the company's website: http://addenergietechnologies.com/en/our-products/ The EVSE on the left side of their home page, called the "SmartTWO", is the model that was assembled in the episode. In their "About" page they appear to supply EVSE's for a couple of Canada's public charging networks.

My understanding is that the Spark EV was a fleet-only car in Canada.

nsayer wrote:Canadian TV, I believe, has a Canadian programming content mandate (their attempt to avoid becoming the de-facto 51st state), and that show is - effectively - subsidized by it. So I don't know if they show exclusively Canadian made goods, but most of it is.

Yes. There is a regulatory agency called the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) and one of their duties is to enforce something called the "Canadian Content" law. Producers can also get federal government funding for filming in Canada; I think there are grants available at the provincial level as well.

However I have seen "How It's Made" episodes that were filmed in the US. It could be because either no similar company exists in Canada, or if any do they wouldn't give permission for filming.
Blue Ocean 2012 Leaf SV, lost that 1st bar on 11/21/2015 at 26,435 miles.
Lease returned on 12/23/2015. Final LeafStat figures: 225 Gids, 17.44 kWH, SOC 91.89%, SOH 82.36%, 69.49% HX, 54.57 Ahr, battery temp 61.8 F
Now driving a 2015 VW eGolf SEL

Return to “EVSE / Charging Equipment and Networks”