Ecotality installation

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, you're only the 3rd person to get your EVSE install, and one of 3 before the '12/16/10' launch. Nobody seems to know who is getting that LEAF on Thursday. Dave (other install yesterday) and I are swearing it isn't us - is it you?!?

Hello,
Ecotality installed my charger today.
What I was told:
1. They installed a Clipper Creek dumb charger because UL is dragging their feet so the Blink smart chargers are not yet available.
Be aware, the Clipper Creek unit is designed for mounting to studs on 16" centers ONLY. My garage is 24" cTc so we had to nail in 2x4's to mount the unit. Not a problem as my garage is not finished. Hopefully they will have some kind of universal mounting soon.

2. They will exchange this charger for the Blink unit when available.

3. We are #2 on a list of only 3 installs for this area (Port OR) ordered by Nissan in December.
I found this confusing, why order the wrong charger installed in December when my delivery date is February.

Because of the extra work to get it mounted the install took 2 hours (estimate was 1 hr).

As far as I know I'm not getting my Leaf Thursday. I heard the lucky one is a retired U of O prof but that is just the rumor mill.

DSC00211.jpg

DSC00210.jpg

That is a good EVSE, consider yourself lucky. Having intelligence in the EVSE is not really a benefit since the Leaf can do all those functions.

Our Clipper Creek was installed today, 38 are being done in the US, 16 in San Diego. Pictures here:
http://www.suburbangreenrevolution.com/site.com/Charger.html
The Blink will be out of UL humidity testing on Dec 24th, I guess they had a couple of hiccups a while ago and had to restart UL process. The Clippers will apparently be changed to Blink's by Feb 1st.
The boat with our Leaf apparently arrives in Long Beach on Dec 23rd :) Apparently the delivery "Week of Jan 6th" may actually be earlier.
Chris

Back