How long for the charging cord?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smkettner

Leviton comes with a standard 18' charge cord with custom lengths available according to the marketing brochure.
In the garage I probably need 4' to 6' as the LEAF will always park right there.
If LEAF or a second EV is in the second spot I need maybe 12' to connect
If LEAF or other EV is just out the garage door I would need a full 23' or 25' to reach

Actually my thought is to go with the short option and not have that bunch of bulky coil sitting there for nothing.
Seems it would be easier to handle if there was but one loop to pull off and it just hangs in a nice arc from the wall to the connector.

Periodically I may want to walk in front of the LEAF and not trip over the cord. So do I leave enough length to rest on the floor to step over or keep it waist high and just remove it to pass by.

If I was parked outside there is a 15a outlet for L1 or I could get an extension cord for the supply side of the plug-in Leviton.

Any thoughts?

get the 25' cord for maximum flexability, also, for what is being charged, you might as well get as much copper as you can, so when its time to scrap these 1st gen EVSE's in many years, you'll get some decent cash for the wire :)
There is no discount or lower cost for getting the shorter cable.

From Leviton the extra length e-hose is not extra $$ ?

L2 with an extension cord is "illegal", but ...

However, if there is any chance you will ever want it, get the longer cord. The excess can always stay coiled up to "simulate" being a shorter e-hose.

Back